Discuss Just been lookng through some jobs What do you reckon in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete999

Mentor
Electrician's Arms
Electricial/Handyman £16,500 per year
Tram Driver £21.00 plus per year
Reckon our trade has been reduced to that of a DIYer?
Kin scandalous

loplug

Electrician's Arms
I had to look for work earlier in the year and a lot of the rates seemed to be worse than 6 years ago

OP
Pete999

Pete999

Mentor
Electrician's Arms
I had to look for work earlier in the year and a lot of the rates seemed to be worse than 6 years ago
No disrespect to a bus driver, £4.5K per year diff get real

Zdb

0.00000000000000001Ω
I keep seeing advertisements for "multiskilled" engineers.

They want a fully qualified electrician with testing & inspect that can also do plumbing, and fabric work inc brickwork.

I think these employers are dreaming.

littlespark

Electrician's Arms
Tram driver not bus driver. A tram driver doesn't even have to steer.
Any electrician taking that job doesn't know their worth.

New advert appearing on top of forum is for "24hr plumber electrician"
Wassat then? Only works on water pumps??

D

Deleted member 26818

A group of us on WhatsApp are trying for minimum of £200 per day.

MDJ

The Muppet Police
Mentor
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
Plenty of Jobs around here at 29.5k plus mate I have seen the odd silly offer like you have shown lol, but the word handyman would scare most sparks away.

Murdoch

Regular EF Member
My son who is just 19 has just accepted an apprenticeship ... his starting salary will be £16k ..... this is about £7.60 per hour

T

The Ghost

Boy I was so dumb when I was young and got my first wage packet. I noticed they had took out some money and the amount was not the wage they said I would get. I was so upset and asked what was going on, they had to gently explain to me that it was tax and N.I. that they had to take out......£7 10s per week minus legalised theft amounts.

littlespark

Electrician's Arms
I cant remember my first wage. I think it was £2.70 an hour?? I could be way off there.
But with that, I saved up and bought my first car. Y reg Ford Fiesta MkI.

Wilko

Electrician's Arms
My first job was operating presses in a factory (still got all my fingers) at a silly young age (lied about it) and made a fortune! I think it was £15 a week for 45 hours :)

pirate

Regular EF Member
My first real job as an apprentice was £1500 a year. Before that, in the uni holidays, I made £150 a week as a chain boy on a building site...
ah...happy days!

pirate

Regular EF Member
I should add that at uni, in the bar, it was 14p a pint for Double Diamond...so, 7 pints for a pound, and 2p left over for a box of matches!

JK-Electrical

Politically Incorrect
Electrician's Arms
My first real job as an apprentice was £1500 a year. Before that, in the uni holidays, I made £150 a week as a chain boy on a building site...ah...happy days!

MDJ

The Muppet Police
Mentor
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
One of those is Biff, shame he won;t let us know which one he is lol

E

elsparko

I cant remember my first wage. I think it was £2.70 an hour?? I could be way off there.
But with that, I saved up and bought my first car. Y reg Ford Fiesta MkI.
my first month was £2 an hour, and thats only 12 years ago!, then up to sjib rates once i proved i still wanted the job, still like £3.60 an hour if i remember correctly

E

elsparko

I should add that at uni, in the bar, it was 14p a pint for Double Diamond...so, 7 pints for a pound, and 2p left over for a box of matches!
didnt realise they had matches in the bronze age! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Permanent unswitched live colour?

• Brown

Votes: 61 67.0%
  • Black

Votes: 30 33.0%

Electrician Talk

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.