Discuss just for fun... favorite hand tool in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

telectrix

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
had same. 25 years old.gave it to my lad a coup[le of years ago, just after getting the snap-on man to replace the ratchet mechanism for free under the lifetime warranty

Yep they're a lovely bit of kit Tel, my ratchet is still holding on even though it's had a heck of a lot of use. I've probably gone through about 150PZ 2 bits over the years. :)

Just one is hard for a tool tart Tel, had these 200mm pliers for two years now and their my favourite. They feel like an extra limb and are surprisingly comfortable, had the snips but they’re crap compared to my trusty 180mm knipex clutters.

I bet Pete is in bits trying to choose one, probably in cold sweats in the garage loosing his mind.

8B553950-C10A-4A89-B879-91416EB3D4D9.jpeg

370897DD-D452-4DD3-A88E-80126094A569.jpeg

D52C8BF1-C90A-4541-9189-82470020E8D5.jpeg

Used to be my Elliot Lucas pliers or CK side cutters from the 80's but they have worn badly so are secondary tools, my favourite or precious tools are my Stahlwille pipe/five hole wrench which I thought I lost recently and was shocked to find that a replacement was about £100 owned it since 1983 also my hammer fibreglass shaft fantastic to use and owned since about 1982. If I lost either of them two I would cry.

From my dad, retired joiner. Vintage unknown, probably '60s or '70s.

View attachment 42624
i'd say that was 30's or40's.i remember from childhood my dad had a couple just like that, and they were fairly old then. he was building furniture in the 30's before he buggered off to Egypt and Libya, something to do with the Afrika Korps being naughty boys.

You really know your tools are an extension of your hands when second fixing.
I do like my long nose pliers as I use them so much and are really manipulative (?) but they are only forge steel make and I apologise not!

This could go on a bit...

I have a Bahco nail puller,which i tightened,honed and painted as a kid,and they have pull hundreds and hundreds of nails,some with no heads,from below the surface,and i NEVER lose the smile,on a successful retrieve :)

I also have a set of screwdriver blades and a handle,in a plastic roll-up,which i bought when i was about twelve. The smallest,electrical type blade,was ideal for solderless nipples,on me Bultaco Sherpa,and whilst holding one in some mole-grips,i shoved it straight through the palm of my left hand,and out the other side:eek: prompting my younger sister to swoon.......she is now in charge,on the renal unit :rolleyes:

There are also the many items,which once proven as worthy,are then replaced over the years...Bahco adjustables,mole grips nee visegrips,Snapon linesman pliers,Facom hammers,etc

If we all found ourselves on a desert island,you'd all be begging to swap your Iphones,for me spoke-shave ;)

Reply to just for fun... favorite hand tool in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock