Discuss Just for Tel and anthonybragg in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Scolmore Electrical Products
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Pete999

-
Arms
Esteemed
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Still got some, somewhere I think.
I do believe that the fuse being used as the live pin, was in fact the very first plug top attempt at a fused plug top, note "I did say I believe so it is possible that someone, Lucien may be, may know different"

telectrix

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
think you may be right pete. can't think of anything earlier with plug fuses. the biggest problem with the fused pin arrangement was getting the bugger back in the socket with silver foil out of a fag packet round it.

D

Deleted member 26818

Worst problem, was when the fused pin came undone and stayed in the socket.

ipf

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
Anyone remember that multi plug...…..Change the pins, 13amp, 15amp round pin or 5amp round pin. Move the face about and slide out and twist the required pins into place. I'm sure I've still got one, somewhere. Loads of properties being worked on in the seventies used to have round pin plugs.
edit..…….round pin SOCKETS

Last edited:

telectrix

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
remember them.bet they'd not get a BS or a CE certification these days.

Plugs with fused pins are still used quite a lot at power stations. 110v Reyrolle plugs. They are available with either single or double fused pins.

pirate

-
Arms
Esteemed
Fitall plugs! Brilliant invention!
DS plugs also had a version with fused pins on L and N. John Ward again:

and as I mentioned in another thread, the Wylex ones ran vibrators and baby cookers

I do believe that the fuse being used as the live pin, was in fact the very first plug top attempt at a fused plug top, note "I did say I believe so it is possible that someone, Lucien may be, may know different"
They were plugs. The tops were never fused.

telectrix

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
Especiakky if the socket was non switched!!!!
wow. pete speaks Scouse. there' s hope yet. repeat after me. egggs akkly, Anfield 4ever, wassup wack. get your mam to stitch this: calm down, calm down.

Scolmore Electrical Products

Reply to Just for Tel and anthonybragg in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Aico 3000 Range
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Pete999 Electrical Forum 3
Top Bottom