Discuss Just how many electricians/domestic installers in training are there?? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Sparky Ninja

-
Mentor
Arms
Reaction score
I've just been browsing through amazon looking for a couple of books relating to american politics (one of my secret passions) and was surprised to see the on-site-guide is currently sitting at number 85 in Amazons top 100 sellers. It's been in the top 100 for the last year.

Is anyone else surprised by this?

Not really mate, Places like Trade Skills 4 U only do electrical courses now where as before they covered a few trades. My best mate has just gone an done part p, 17th and test and inspection in under 3 weeks and passed the lot. He couldnt get over how many people were there and the place is always fully booked out. Thats just one training provider, there are loads around the country. Im multi trade/general builder ( multi qualified too before everyone starts ) and do worry about a saturation point being reached in the domestic electrical sector soon if it carries on at the pace its going. Doesnt mean every one who does a course will have a successful business but does up the competition.

Last edited by a moderator:
But how many will actually get jobs doing electrical work.

Yes I think its getting over saturated and (not soo much now) but the government were funding these courses for people who become unemployed etc.

There is one thing going on these courses and passing them but there is a complete different thing when going out and actually doing the work.

A lot BUT not all of the people on these courses are going on them to keep the job centres of their backs as most of them will finish the course then look for electrical work but I think we all know that majority of electricians are not taking people on due to the lack of work.

Just my thoughts though and am sure their are genuine people out there who want to succeed and make it work.

Reply to Just how many electricians/domestic installers in training are there?? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock