Discuss Just Joined ELECSA in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

keep us updated mate as i am looking to register with elecsa in the next month so would be good if you could log your process.
regards

Excellent decision.. You'll be fine aslong as you know your stuff

On the day he turns up your crack will be sweating, but after 10 minutes you'll realise he's there to help and not to catch you out, Then you can relax.

Give him a cuppa, Dont pretend you know it all to him, you could slip up and make your self look daft, If anything, ask him a couple of questions, He wont look down on you for doing this. it will show your keen...

Aslong as your not asking him where the brown wire goes....lol

ive also just paid to join elecsa,paid for the pir aswel and they rung me back and discussed this with me and i decided i dont really need the pir side just yet and they refunded the 200 n odd pound that it costs...how many other companies would have done that?? very helpful on the phone lets see what there like after my assessment

ive signed up with ELECSA, had my assessment last week and passed with flying colours, well once i stopped shaking and managed to get my probes where they were supposed to be,lol. have to say was a good experiance and looking forward to my reg no. and password. guy said three weeks, anyone know how long it will take in reality?

Gary:eek:

I got mine about 10 days after, once your in the second week and not recieved it ring them, they will send them to you.

hi
so do you find out the same day as the assessment if you have passed?
regards

also does anyone know if on the assessment you are expected to do a full test as the instalation i am planning on using has about 15 downlights and dont really want to take them all down as it will damage decoration.
regards

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea you'll find out on the day, if your accepted you just have to wait a while for paper work, he won't ask you to drop all them downlighters

Well Assessment done and dusted. Got two minor non-conformances to rectify, other than that no problems at all. As an initial assessment, took a little longer as we had all the paperwork and books to go through. Question wise he covered fault protection, disconnection times, Ze's on three main systems and earthing arrangements.

Test wise, did a Ze, r1, r2 and rn on a ring, also did ring resistance to prove sockets were on the ring and finished off with RCD trip (manual settings)and ramp tests.

if you dont know the answer to something, just say and locate in the books.......

Why ELECSA and not NICEIC ?

Your decisions for chosing were ?

I am about to part with £435.00 so I need to know whats best.

I have spoken to a number of Builders and everyone wants NICEIC, ELECSA seems to be unknown unless you are in the trade.Some contractors have said that the company they work for insist on using NICEIC approved contractors.I appreciate that it takes a while to get established and I must confess I was heading towards joining ELECSA but it if makes a difference between getting work or not then the NICEIC route will be favoured in preference.

Comments and thoughts welcome as I am confused as to which one to join.

i am with elecsa and have no complaints other than they are not recognised like niceic, the reason i chose them is at the time they were cheaper to join and cheaper to register the jobs. but am not sure of price diff now, but i think most of us, if price was same, would prefer to have nic sticker on van

Reply to Just Joined ELECSA in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net