Discuss just looking for some help with a vertical axis wind turbine motor in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

turboep82

hi guys,im in college and with my free time i try and make green energy kind of things while learning how they work,may come in useful for a project down the line, anyway i have a motor which i was going to connect to a vertical axis wind turbine but my question is will the motor work as its from a large gene-weld and would it produce any power at low to mid range rpm or would it have to going like the hammers of hell to gain from it.any input would be great cheers.conor

Two things:
A/ more information needed regarding the generator.
B/ if the generator is out of a welding set it will require a horizontal orientation NOT vertical.
View attachment 12331
To be brutally honest it’s going to be a dead duck!

put a gearbox on it - the faster it turns the more power it will generate

If you look at the big turbines the motor is in the stem and they gear it so much it produces a fair bit of power.

From when I was doing my electronics I was looking at a system which would generate its own power by itself - using a motor to turn another motor to charge the battery powering the first motor - similar to a car, but it didn't work to good - needed to go alot faster and the 1st motor drained all the power before the 2nd could charge it.

As a guide in a car the alternator uses a ratio of normally 4:1 to generate the speed and power to charge a 12v battery

Reply to just looking for some help with a vertical axis wind turbine motor in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello everyone, I'm currently working on a project to upgrade an existing renewable energy system and could really use some expert advice. The...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a project I have been working on, that has me out of my depth with regard to my knowledge, as I am a very basic electronic hobbies...
Replies
Views
When I joined this forum a decade or so back, there was a discussion going on about a welder that was connected with a 3-core cable to L1, L2 and...
Replies
Views
We have this Swiss-made Dixi horizontal borer from 1957, very nice machine still with its original DC variable voltage drive. In those days there...
Replies
Views
Hello, So I'm an idiot homeowner who has enough knowledge to be dangerous.. I tried to make my own shortcut by tinkering and I seem to just be...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock