• IMPORTANT: The thread you're reading / posting in, could be in a DIY electrical advice area. Please be aware of your local laws. You're not allowed to provide advice to, or seek advice from, DIYers and fellow professionals in some States, Countries, Countys etc with regards to some types of electrical installations or repairs. Keep that in mind. If it's against the law where you are - always get a professional electrician in to carry out the works instead of doing it yourself. The forum will not be held responsible for any outcome of any applications of any advice sought from it.
Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Just one T+E to ceiling light in the DIY Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hello

I would appreciate some advice. I am installing a sound-proofed suspended ceiling. It is virtually airtight as every layer is sealed individually.

In order to maintain the integrity of the soundproofing I can only have one T+E coming through the ceiling for the light fitting. No chance for holes with junction box.

For the reason above the light in each room will be a radial twin and earth from the CU to each room.

So my question is:

Is it an acceptable practice to bring the supply from the CU to the switch first, and then have only one T+E going up to the ceiling light?

I will use connector block for the neutral to continue up to the light and the L will be interrupted by the switch.

That way if a fault was to occur all the connections would be easily accessible inside the backbox rather than having to break a very complicated ceiling construction.

I can't think of a regulation to oppose this practice but your input will be greatly appreciated as in my job I don't practice domestic electrical installations, rather control circuits.

Many thanks
Kioannis

Strima

-
Arms
Esteemed
You must be logged in to see the message.

Andy78

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Last edited:

JK-Electrical

-
Arms
Esteemed

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Midwest

-
Arms
Esteemed

Midwest

-
Arms
Esteemed

Dave OCD

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools

Reply to Just one T+E to ceiling light in the DIY Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors
Top Bottom