Discuss Just popping in to say hi in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Just saying hi,

I decided to go to college with my son in 2013 to learn the City & Guilds 2330 Electrotechnical Training Level 2 & 3 which took 3 years.
My son used his qualifications and has been working in the trade for the last 3 years.

Me on the other hand I didn't do anything with it, maybe the odd socket for myself and friends.
This hasn't been an issue as I have a job and have been working with the same company for 23 year, although I do fancy a chance.....this would be a total change of career.

So this is a bit of an introduction and a question at the same time. Would I need to update my qualifications?

Thanks

Welcome to the forum mate.
As I am bereft of intelligence, I will let the others inform you of what courses are best.....
I am good at eating cake though...

@ OP .the 18th wiring regs. would be a good start. depends on what you want to do. for industrial you'd need nvq3 and am2.

Welcome to the forum, lovely bunch of folk on here :)

Thanks Tel, darn Autocorrect :p

Reply to Just popping in to say hi in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi there : I am just posting to introduce myself, stop lurking (!) and to thank the many sparks who so freely share their expertise on this great...
Replies
Views
Hello to everyone. I have just joined and hope to get a lot of info from members here. I have been in the industry sense my early days in the...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone. I am looking at gaining electrical qualifications in order to do installations and self certify ect. My background is...
Replies
Views
Just a quick introduction from me - I'm a 49 year old living in Essex - I have no electrical qualifications but Im looking into training options...
Replies
Views
Hi to everyone, this is my first post so if is been already asked/answered please guide me to the relevant discussion/thread. I don't know...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock