Discuss Just saw this in the new ‘shower electrocuted’ in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

So sad, cannot believe it’s still happening. About thirty years ago our next door neighbours daughter died exactly the same way.
 

Welchyboy1

-
Arms
Esteemed
Terrible news, apparently an extension lead left on the bathroom floor, so avoidable!

Sounds like no rcd protection?
 

Wilko

-
Arms
Esteemed
Tragic.
Certainly sounds like no earth leakage detection. Plenty of homes here still have none ...
 
T

The Ghost

It may be old @Tes369 but it bears repeating again and again about the dangers of unsafe electrical installations. People need to know about this. Personally I have never accepted electric showers as safe and always feel apprehensive if I have to use one. The thought of electricity and water together just never seemed sensible to me and it never will. My sincere condolences to the surviving Mother who must be devastated.
 
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #7
I did a pir on a student let a while ago and found 2 wall mounted showers basically in ‘cupboards’ wired in flex to a socket in each bedroom

Guess what , no rcd what so ever. Not on the socket and not in the consumers unit

This place was refurbished around 2015
 
S

Squid

Really sad and totally avoidable, I was always taught that if you see someone getting an electric chock then you kick them away rather then grab hold of them.
 

DPG

-
Arms
Esteemed
Advent Win
Really sad and totally avoidable, I was always taught that if you see someone getting an electric chock then you kick them away rather then grab hold of them.
You knock them away with a lump of wood or something similar ideally, ie. non-conductive. Obviously the first thing to do is to kill the power unless it is not immediately possible. Sorry, I know that bit's obvious.
 
S

Squid

You knock them away with a lump of wood or something similar ideally, ie. non-conductive. Obviously the first thing to do is to kill the power unless it is not immediately possible. Sorry, I know that bit's obvious.
As you said, non conductive I should have added not barefoot, even a towel would help but I suppose it was a gut reaction to grab the child.
 
SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Reply to Just saw this in the new ‘shower electrocuted’ in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Instyle LED Lighting Specialists UK
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Top Bottom