Discuss Just saying hello and introducing myself. in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

me2

-
Reaction score
Hello everyone.
I am originally maintenance electrician who decided to work for myself about 6 months ago after getting fed up of working for others.
I started my apprentiship in 1994 in France in a company building special purpose machinery for industrial joineries and the automotive industry .
After my apprentiship I decided to travel and worked in different companies and industries staying roughly a year in each region . I eventually settled in scotland but (old habits die hard) kept changing companies regurlaly until 6 month ago I decided to work for myself.
I try to split my work half and half between industrial and domestic work.
Although I have to turn down quite a lot of domestic work as I am neither select or niceic registered .
For what I looked at so far it seems to be a bit of a minefield to get registered in one of those schemes( if you are foreign) but I probably will have to eventually.
That's all from me .
I hope I haven't bored anyone.

Welcome to the forum mate.
Is there a 'me1' member???

Hello everyone.
I am originally maintenance electrician who decided to work for myself about 6 months ago after getting fed up of working for others.
I started my apprentiship in 1994 in France in a company building special purpose machinery for industrial joineries and the automotive industry .
After my apprentiship I decided to travel and worked in different companies and industries staying roughly a year in each region . I eventually settled in scotland but (old habits die hard) kept changing companies regurlaly until 6 month ago I decided to work for myself.
I try to split my work half and half between industrial and domestic work.
Although I have to turn down quite a lot of domestic work as I am neither select or niceic registered .
For what I looked at so far it seems to be a bit of a minefield to get registered in one of those schemes( if you are foreign) but I probably will have to eventually.
That's all from me .
I hope I haven't bored anyone.
I am new member, I work for yangfa lighting, LED Technical Engineer.

I am new member, I work for yangfa lighting, LED Technical Engineer.

Welcome to the forum mate.. (you should have started a new thread rather than jumping on someone else's but it's not biggy..) I wonder how many comments you will get about the quality of products from China?

Welcome to the forum Me2 and U2 yangfa! See what I did there at their expense!
Enjoy taking part with all of that wealth of experience Me2.

Bonjour et bienvenue me2!

Just to be sure (from your initial post) I'm presuming that you're originally from France and moved to the UK?

I personally can't see a problem with you becoming a member of a competency scheme. All competency schemes will test you to make sure that you're a 'competent' person and check that your paperwork is in order, but remember that 'competency' consists of many things (knowledge, experience, qualifications, etc) and everyone is different; I've met very experienced electricians who have no qualifications and are members of a scheme, conversely I've also met very in-experienced electricians who have lots of qualifications and are members of a scheme. Don't worry too much, they will help you.

Reply to Just saying hello and introducing myself. in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net