Discuss Just saying hello!!!! in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Short courses are fine if in the right hands and used correctly

They will give you a basic understand and some good knowledge of the regulations etc

But nothing beats getting stuck in and having a go

welcome to the collective.resistance is futile.
Just saying hello!!!! upload_2019-3-16_9-15-21 - EletriciansForums.net

and that cube is the one where philip schofield should be

Welcome, I am new here.
My advise is suss out who the real diamonds are on here. They will give you advice without sarcasm etc and avoid the 1% who just think they are right and there’s no other opinion. (But try not to let them upset you), the good make up for the bad.
IMHO short courses are good to build up your knowledge, but you will need to practice what you have learned.
I am here to learn off the real sparks electrically, I am fairly knowledgable in all things fire alarm so if I can help feel free to ask.

Welcome, I am new here.
My advise is suss out who the real diamonds are on here. They will give you advice without sarcasm etc and avoid the 1% who just think they are right and there’s no other opinion. (But try not to let them upset you), the good make up for the bad.
IMHO short courses are good to build up your knowledge, but you will need to practice what you have learned.
I am here to learn off the real sparks electrically, I am fairly knowledgable in all things fire alarm so if I can help feel free to ask.

.... short courses don’t seem to go down too well on here.....
a) I think the negativity you see is a reply to counter attack the over optimistic sales talk training centres give --With no investigation of previous experience / knowledge -Unrealistic promises To help some spend their redundancy money ,Big £££ ..... (Plenty of threads exist )
b) Unless I'm wrong in some way -
c) Or things have recently changed for the better !

Last edited:

Reply to Just saying hello!!!! in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock