Discuss Just saying hello in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

L

louishm

Hi all, new to the forum.

Been and electrician for around 23 years now (domestic,commercial & industrial).

Joined the forum to try and find some info about JIB grading as my current employer has asked us all to get JIB cards. Hopefully someone will point me in the right direction.

Paul

Hi Paul and welcome we already have a thread on jib cards hopefully you will find the info you need

Chris

Welcome along.:D

Theres a link to JIB website and their grading definitions in the sticky thread "Lennys Links" at the top of the general forum.

when i did my apprenticeship (1986-1991) if i remember rightly a 5 year day release apprenticeship required you to take the C&G part 1 Electrical Installation this at that time included your 15th, i then returned to night school to sit my 16th a few years later. Now the thing is since then i have lost my certs. I have contacted C&G but there records only go back to 1992 :eek:.
I am sitting my ECS tomorrow, Wanted to see if there was a way round all this without going back to college.

If all else fails i can apply for an Electricians Laborer. We do a lot of pump houses for Tesco and its only them asking for JIB stuff.

Thanks

Reply to Just saying hello in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock