Discuss Just saying Hi, also would like trainee forum access in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

baza890

Trainee
Reaction score
Hi
I’m hoping to find some good advice from those experienced in the electrical industry.
I’m 23 and from Birmingham, I completed my level 2 and 3 C&G Diploma in Electrical Installation (2365).
Has anyone got any advice on what I could do to gain practical experience to help my CV? I do practice basic wiring but my parents are not keen for me to do too much around the house (done some small DIY at home wiring)
I've looked online to apply for electricians mate jobs but pretty much all of them require 1 year experience+

Thanks

Welcome to the forum. @Dan can give access to the trainee section so either message him or wait until he picks up on this.

Done! You should have access now
Not sure if this is just me but I can't seem to reply to the original post but can reply to replies.

@baza890 jist keep plugging your self (sounds like advice for the squits when you say it like that), get CVs/posters into wholesalers, grab that modern day equivalent of Yellow Pages/Thomson Local and get cold calling.

Look for other avenues; fire detection, CCTV, Telco & Networks and get a shoe in that way. I managed to get my break in a company that just does Testing, Inspection and Certification, no install work but it's a start and my body is likely to thank me for it.

Keep at it and good things will come, if my journey has taught me anything it's putting in the work and having the right attitude and (as in my case) sell your weaknesses/threats as a positive to any potential employer; No experience.....but no bad habits either - perfect to mould into the perfect company man. Disability? Great for company PR and image, truly an equal opportunities employer....and so on.

Hi
I’m hoping to find some good advice from those experienced in the electrical industry.
I’m 23 and from Birmingham, I completed my level 2 and 3 C&G Diploma in Electrical Installation (2365).
Has anyone got any advice on what I could do to gain practical experience to help my CV? I do practice basic wiring but my parents are not keen for me to do too much around the house (done some small DIY at home wiring)
I've looked online to apply for electricians mate jobs but pretty much all of them require 1 year experience+

Thanks
Baza
I'm currently studying my level 3. When you did your level three was your project on the swimming pool and hotel? If so can you give me any tips

Not sure if this is just me but I can't seem to reply to the original post but can reply to replies.

@baza890 jist keep plugging your self (sounds like advice for the squits when you say it like that), get CVs/posters into wholesalers, grab that modern day equivalent of Yellow Pages/Thomson Local and get cold calling.

Look for other avenues; fire detection, CCTV, Telco & Networks and get a shoe in that way. I managed to get my break in a company that just does Testing, Inspection and Certification, no install work but it's a start and my body is likely to thank me for it.

Keep at it and good things will come, if my journey has taught me anything it's putting in the work and having the right attitude and (as in my case) sell your weaknesses/threats as a positive to any potential employer; No experience.....but no bad habits either - perfect to mould into the perfect company man. Disability? Great for company PR and image, truly an equal opportunities employer....and so on.
Interesting on the other avenue route. Not something I have looked into before but will likely consider

Reply to Just saying Hi, also would like trainee forum access in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock