Discuss Just Signed Up For ELECSA Part P in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

SKY

Well chaps - have just signed up for my Part P and have paid my £444.
I have a few installs to show that I will start doing over the next few weeks.

Do I have to tell any authority that i'm doing the work as I will doing the work as a non part p awaiting my inspection by the inspector to get part p!?
Also do I have to use ELECSA paperwork for the test reports? If so where do I get them?

Thanks All

The council building control should be happy to accept the sign off via Elecsa after you've done the work. Just give them a call and let them know first...you're likely to find that they're actually not really interested!

Good luck Sky,
You will be fine. I started off with Elecsa and found them great, both the assessor and their tech help department.
Ive now moved on to Nic approved and again found them to be superb.
Let us know how you get along.
P.S dont forget the biscuits and endless tea's !!!
Sav

Good luck Sky,
You will be fine. I started off with Elecsa and found them great, both the assessor and their tech help department.
Ive now moved on to Nic approved and again found them to be superb.
Let us know how you get along.
P.S dont forget the biscuits and endless tea's !!!
Sav

I can ask why you changed from Elecsa to Nic?

Probably the same reason as most people

Been asked if I'm Nic registered and Nic qualified?(what ever that means) plenty of times, NEVER once been asked if I'm Elecsa registered

A typical case of brand over product specification - I had a firm once state in the design specification that they must have prysmian/pirelli cable installed.
My local supplier normally only sells Doncaster Cable which I think is very good - I just did not see their reasoning and how they thought it was better.
I was thinking that if they were that fussy they would ensure that we would check the end to end resistance of each roll (before install) as well but they mention nothing technicial in the spec just throw in the brand name!!!

I don't think the firm did the spec, I think it was the architect.

Also do I have to use ELECSA paperwork for the test reports? If so where do I get them?

Don't waste your money buying Elecsa certificates, invest in a software package instead - don't buy PIRform from Elecsa as you can't change the Elecsa logo for Napit or NICEIC if you later change. Buy generic PIRform from PIRform themselves.

Good luck.

PS: Where are you located?

Your assessor won't ask if you've spoken to LABC about the job you show him and you have 28 days from the date of completion of the work to register it.
You'll be able to notify work through Elecsa about 7 days after you pass your assessment & enrol, no-one fails so don't worry about that part of it.
I am in no way suggesting you could just do the work and notify a week later, but you could, you know...

yep as already said, no need to tell anyone just register the jobs after the assesment.

im with elecsa have been for 3 years, only once lost a job for not being nic. it was a local pub, they origionaly asked if i was registered, i said yes, turned up to do the work (elecsa) stickers on the van. then was asked if i was nic, i tried to explained about registration schems, and about electrical competancy (my 5+ years college/university & 10+ years experience) but fell on def ears "sorry mate the brewery demand nic".
i charged them a call out fee.

Reply to Just Signed Up For ELECSA Part P in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock