Discuss Just starting 2330-Level 3 and some help needed in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Sp33do

Hi,
I'm just starting 2330 level 3 and was wondering which are the best books to get me through this year? i know that i need to get the Guidance note 3,which others would also help me?? as i do not work in electrics outside college and i'm starting to find it getting hard now:(
Thanks!!!

Hi,
I'm just starting 2330 level 3 and was wondering which are the best books to get me through this year? i know that i need to get the Guidance note 3,which others would also help me?? as i do not work in electrics outside college and i'm starting to find it getting hard now:(
Thanks!!!

Hi, am also doing level 3 2330 - definitely get a 17th edition on site guide and for the theory i have used a book called Electrical installation by Scadden. It covers level 2 and 3 in the one book. Another book that was recommended to us was by Linsley, but you need two books for the two levels. A regs book will eventually be needed - they are currently going on ebay now for about £38 to £45 which is a big saving on the RRP of about £70+

Hi, am also doing level 3 2330 - definitely get a 17th edition on site guide and for the theory i have used a book called Electrical installation by Scadden. It covers level 2 and 3 in the one book. Another book that was recommended to us was by Linsley, but you need two books for the two levels. A regs book will eventually be needed - they are currently going on ebay now for about £38 to £45 which is a big saving on the RRP of about £70+
Hi,
Thanks for the reply:)

practical guide to inspection,testing and certification of electrical installations by Christopher Kitcher is a good book to have isbn 978-0-7506-8449-1

you dont necesarily need guidance note 3 yet its more for 2391 inspection and testing.the trevor linsley book and the regs would be good though.

Hi Sp33do

I passed my level 3 earlier this year at college and found the JTL books pretty good, book 2 is more relavant though:
Electrical Installations NVQ and Technical Certificate Book 2 Student Book (Paperback)

The other books I use alot are the Amicus guide books to 17th Reg's and Inspection/test,fab little books and cheap chips:
www.technicaltrainingsolutions.co.uk/publications.shtmlas

You still are going to have to buy the Regs and OSG though for the exams.

Hope that's of some help and good luck matey

Reply to Just starting 2330-Level 3 and some help needed in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net