Discuss Just to prove I can be even handed in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

trev

The Labour party have announced plans to give football fans a greater say in the running of their clubs. I think this is ridiculous for any number of reasons, here's a few-
They are not clubs, they are businesses. In some cases multi million pound businesses, the sole intention is profit, no different from The Virgin Group, Monsanto, Royal Dutch Shell, BP or any other you could name.
Unless the fan is a shareholder it is not his/her club. The fan is a customer of a company which provides entertainment (allegedly)
The football fan has no more right to a say in the running of a business than I do in the running of Asda just because we do our shopping there.
Here's some biggies
There are crises in the middle east and africa caused by religious extremism.
Some of that extremism has been imported here
The NHS is at breaking point.
Companies are dodging massive amounts of tax and are being allowed to get away scot free.
The cost of living is astronomical while wages are slipping further and further behind.
Some parts of society face a choice this winter between heat or eat.
And they're worrying about bloody football!
Fair enough, a government can and does multi task but come on!
Opinions?

Got to agree Trev, this Government, like many in the past are far to keen to try, and I mean try to appease the Joe pubic Mr and Mrs Average, whilst the important issues are left to run their course, if they ever do.
Football, and I pick the round ball version is riddled with wrong doings imo, players are paid far to much, what is the likes of Mr Rooney earn, oh sorry get per week hundreds of thousands a week for kicking a bag of wind about and falling down in pain every time they get a knock, still getting the same money, you're right they aren't clubs anymore, nothing but a large conglomerate of mega rich foreigners buying these franchises to make more money, I'm not a fan nor do I favour any club, how the fans can afford the entrance fees is beyond me, I'm from Bath originally and used to follow Bath Rugby when it was an amateur game, even that game is going the round ball way, if people like the Nurses got what they deserve, then they would be on mega bucks, the World has gone to pot, wrong decisions are made daily by these politicians of any persuasion, in it for themselves, dont anyone try and tell me the likes of David Cameron care about Mr and Mrs Average they only care about themselves.:rant::rant::hammer::chillpill:

if silly band ever had a plan, it would be of his taxpayers funded mansion.

I don't have any interest in football, as there's no motorbikes involved.
However, I'd suggest that people look up the definition of the word 'Club', then decide whether the majority of Football Clubs today satisfy the definition.

How about giving customers a choice on how there utilitys are run ? infact an option to buy them back instead they mention football seems they have there prioritys wrong wont be long before the NHS goes the same way too.

ps excelent post Trev

I'm all for giving people a say Mykey but it has to be realistic. This is equivalent to the ancient roman thing. Bread and circuses.
People are too stupid to realise just how much power they have.

I'm against the Labour party's plans to allow 16 year old children the vote, and agree with the tory plans to keep it at 18, so I can be even handed as well

i wouldn't trust most 18 year olds to vote on what they want for breakfast, let alone governing the country.

I'm against the Labour party's plans to allow 16 year old children the vote, and agree with the tory plans to keep it at 18, so I can be even handed as well
I'm not so sure Mike. A 16 year old can get a job and be taxed
No taxation without representation?
A 16 year old can join the armed forces (although will not be sent to an operational theatre) and serve his/her country

I can be even handed too, but did any of you see Question Time last week when Menzies Campbell was prattling on about how good all the immigration is for the UK?

Not once did he comfirm the issue is directly related to housing shortages/costs.

Just how many people do they want to let into the UK??

We're importing nurses from the Phillipines, that's ridiculous considering we have a lot of nurses who are relying on bank (temp) work.
The NHS spent over 2 billion on bank nurses last year. Unbelievably stupid, if there are bank nurses out there then that means there are nurses who need a job.
I think that what we need to do is have a good long look at what the country needs, for example if we need civil engineers we should be trying to get them here BUT saying "you're here for a finite time while we train our own youth to do the jobs we need you to fill. Once they are trained up we will expect you to leave with what ever money you have made and with our thanks"
We need a lot of people in fairly high end occupations, surely we should be able to train enough of our clever kids to do those jobs.

I think the words you are looking for are sustainable training schemes for the immediate needs and the plnned needs. Like it used to be.

In the maternity ward my misses works in they have "had" to let go most of the Eastern Europeans as their training, competence, language and inter-personel skills were shxt. This is never talked about but they have gone.

Midwives training at Guildford, in general come from other parts of the country so when they are trained - they retun home and there are very few who live and want to work here.

Madness.

To train people properly you need lecturers who can do the training, this alone is easier said than done when professionals in that particular field are in high demand and earning salaries that reflect this. Not many are willing to take an enormous pay cut to become educators.

Getting the training infrastructure prepared can take many years then it's another few years after that before you see the trained professionals dribbling out of the education system at an increasing rate.

This is one of the reasons these fast track training systems are so tempting, they will set up to produce qualified students in a few months. Problem is that then a few years later you're begging foreigners to work in the UK who've qualified the traditional route to plug the skills gap when there's supposedly thousands of qualified UK people who have next to zero experience.

Welcome to the neverending circle.

Andy you're right.
However, the UK is one of the most sought after places for people to come and train to be doctors. So that proves we have the people who are qualified to be the educators, that's good because foreign students have to pay to get that training.
Something approaching 30% of the doctors working in the NHS are from overseas, now I think that's bad. Surely we have enough clever kids of our own who are capable of becoming doctors? Places at medical schools are fiercley fought for so that begs the question, are universities prioritising overseas students for the fees they can pay and overlooking our home grown talent?

Reply to Just to prove I can be even handed in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock