Discuss Just took an expensive punt on ebay. Was it worth it? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Dustless! Ha Ha. The little dust bag is going fill in minutes when cutting soft masonry. It maybe difficult trying to use it for wall chases because it doesn't have a plunge cut mechanism, also the standard blade is designed for hard materials, concrete or harder, this may well clog and bind easily in soft materials.

i just done an ebay purchase. megger BM400 for £50.

oh well,

I'll wait and see, I usually put a lot of faith in makita tools, so i'm hoping this won't disappoint. It's only single blade so can set the width of the cut myself when chasing which was appealing. I should of given it more thought but i had to make a decision there and then, so it's something i may regret, but I can always put it back on ebay and see what sort of a loss it makes me.

I was also unsure of the "dustless claim" but I'm hoping i can attach a hoover to it and use that instead of the bag.

Thanks for your replies

Tom

i used to use one of these when i was an apprentice and the term dustless should b done under the trade description act.
on the job this was for i used to cut out 6 rooms in the morning and knock the chases out in the afternoon,then mark up the next 6 rooms for the following morning.repeat for 6 months.i used to clear the whole floor of tradesmen when that baby was on the go.u will probably have to make some kind of adaptor to fit a hoover which should help but not eliminate all the dust.i have the newer makita with 2 blades and it is cracking used with a bosch gas50 extractor no dust at all.attach some kind of straight edge to the wall as well to run the edge of the cutter down or u will b cutting at jaunty angle as well.best of british

oh well,

I'll wait and see, I usually put a lot of faith in makita tools, so i'm hoping this won't disappoint. It's only single blade so can set the width of the cut myself when chasing which was appealing. I should of given it more thought but i had to make a decision there and then, so it's something i may regret, but I can always put it back on ebay and see what sort of a loss it makes me.

I was also unsure of the "dustless claim" but I'm hoping i can attach a hoover to it and use that instead of the bag.

Thanks for your replies

Tom

The dust bag is held by wire clip, so it can be removed easily and adapted for an extractor. If you find the blade clogs and binds on soft masonry, just swap it for one with larger dust clearance slots and/or segmented diamond lands.

i've never used a grinder, or needed to really, thank god.When I've seen these TV progs doing up properties, I've noticed a lot of them have had dotdabbed walls then had the board cut to accommodate cables, does anyone do this regularly, as opposed to wiring before plastering ?

Reply to Just took an expensive punt on ebay. Was it worth it? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net