Discuss Just wondered how busy everyone is at the moment? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I glad the wifey takes all the calls from customers, I don't know how she juggles it chained to the sink and cooker she gets paid when she shops. Lol.
[automerge]1601065623[/automerge]
on a serious note , I used to get my younger brother to help me on jobs but he was so slow and disinterested it actually made the job take longer
Answer move you big bum. Lol

Same here was really quiet after we went into lockdown in March/April bad times financially and then picked up testing contract and builders/ plumbers/ kitchen fitters work and ever since been working 6 days a week long hours most days with a lot of emergency calls. Wife and kids not happy which is not good but they appreciate the good times and Appreciate my hard work so we are fortunate to live without money stress which was the case earlier this year. Gotta take the rough with the smooth

Same here was really quiet after we went into lockdown in March/April bad times financially and then picked up testing contract and builders/ plumbers/ kitchen fitters work and ever since been working 6 days a week long hours most days with a lot of emergency calls. Wife and kids not happy which is not good but they appreciate the good times and Appreciate my hard work so we are fortunate to live without money stress which was the case earlier this year. Gotta take the rough with the smooth
You sure your wife and kids aren't happy :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

You sure your wife and kids aren't happy :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:
? true they might be double bluffing me here and then I’m fobbing them off with cash to keep them sweet when I’m reality they may be milking it. ?
[automerge]1601067163[/automerge]
? true they might be double bluffing me here and then I’m fobbing them off with cash to keep them sweet when I’m reality they may be milking it. ?
Thanks for pointing this out @westward10 ??
[automerge]1601067665[/automerge]
[automerge]1601067163[/automerge]

Thanks for pointing this out @westward10 ??
I thought her shoe and clothes collection had gone up all I get is “I bought these ages ago you probably didn’t notice because your so busy” ??‍♂️?

Last edited:
It will be interesting to see if the sudden flood of work continues into December and beyond...?
At the moment from what I can tell most people retained their jobs via the furlough scheme so no real mass unemployment yet.
but as the furlough is coming to an end it will be interesting to see what happens.
i know a few people who are twitchy as the furlough is wound down who haven’t gone back to work yet and still getting paid via the scheme.
my next door neighbour reckons he is actually better off at the moment on Furlough because he hadn’t got to keep paying for his train fare into London. He just had a new garage door fitted with the money he reckons he has saved by sitting at home Not working.
i can imagine similar stories up & down the country as people are spending their furlough wages etc...

I think it's because no one is going on holiday so they decide to do up the house instead. Everyone's gardens are looking pretty so they're turning to their houses now.
The only gardens and houses looking tardy are the tradesmans ?

I think it's because no one is going on holiday so they decide to do up the house instead. Everyone's gardens are looking pretty so they're turning to their houses now.
The only gardens and houses looking tardy are the tradesmans ?

I have A large conifer hedge (about 5-6m long) I want cutting down & the stumps removed but the quotes I have received are eye watering

Last edited:
I went quiet over the initial covid period but since then I have been steadily getting busier and busier and now have 2 months of work booked in which is the most I have ever had. Bear in mind I am a one man band, purely domestic, 2 months is a long time. In fact it's too long as if a regular customer rings up they have to wait 2 months.

Just wondering if it's just me or if others are more busy than usual at the moment, same as usual or less?
@happyhippydad it seems like since the COVID started I can’t get caught up. Don’t get me wrong I’m not complaining but I’m getting old and it’s wearing me out. As you I have at least have 2 months booked up and the calls are still coming in. It looks like I’m going to have to hire a helper

Reply to Just wondered how busy everyone is at the moment? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net