Discuss Kasa RGBIC slightly flickering... but not the whole strip... cut and extended... in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I didn't realize that RGBIC cannot be "cut and extended". Either way, with my soldering experience and very clean soldering job, the strip works but I have slight flickering. more so on some colors than on other colors and the only parts flickering are on the cut and extended part. I cut it in proper and marked to cut locations to make sure the run is in the order it would be if it was uncut. My question is, if its a voltage or amperage issue, is there anything I can put on the line somewhere to smooth it out? Like a capacitor or resistor? My LED lights in the kitchen flicker too. This old home doesn't have very clean power. Although it could be, I don't see it being an amperage issue as the Kasa device is rated for 30ft and my run is maybe 15ft? Maybe the 22/4 cable I used is too thin? Id really like for this Kasa RBCIC strip, cut and extended with a professional soldering job, to work as im literally almost there with it. just very slight flickers.

Before I try anything else, ill try using a thicker cable

TL;DR
Kasa RGBIC cut and extended strips just slightly flickering on the extended part. Soldering job is perfect. Unit rated for 30ft, my job with extension is about 15ft. Maybe use thicker cable?

Reply to Kasa RGBIC slightly flickering... but not the whole strip... cut and extended... in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Before replacing anything I had already been having issues with my light bulbs. Even after installing brand new ones the lights would start...
Replies
Views
We have two units (with separate meters and panels) in a residence that underwent a major renovation about two years ago. During the renovation...
Replies
Views
A client asked me to fit some LED strip lights, 1m long, easy enough, they bought them, probably on Amazon, 3 pin plug with 6 inches of wire and...
Replies
Views
I have a question for you all, We recently moved, and the old house had the analog meter on it, the new place has 3 structures on the property.. a...
Replies
Views
Hi all, new to posting but been reading for years. I inherited a house from my grandmother who passed in 2021, I intend to renovate and rent out...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock