Discuss Kewtech KT63 in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Good day chaps and chapesses, newbie on this forum so gonna have a pop at trying to find an obsure bit for my little KT63. The little 'top hat' mounting for the neck strap on the side of the unit has broken and try as I might, I cannot seem to locate a replacenment. Kewtech hasn't answered any of my email requests so was wondering if anybody had the same problem and how did they resolve it please? Is a pain in the jacksy to try and hold the unit whilst taking readings so really would like to sort this out and use the neck strap.
Thanks

Mine broke as well, I don't really use it any more and use my KT65DL most, but as the screws were still there I just wrapped tape around the meter to keep the straps on the screws.

You will find the kewtech emails are not being answered at the moment, think the office is closed still.
Kewtech are usually quite good. I had a battery cover screw snap off and they sent another for free and also sent me another when it got 'lost' during its calibration.
Always worth giving them a call if you dont get a reply by email.

I have seen somebody use ring crimps with thin rope/string through them instead of wires which work as new straps with the screws through the rings, had a small washer on them if i recall correctly. did the job.

Reply to Kewtech KT63 in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

E
Kewtech KT63 MFT. I bought it about 18 months ago and got on very well with it. Then I got offered a KT65 at a cracking price. Just been...
Replies
Views
Ed Turner
E
Hey all. Well not had the best of days today I tell you. Not only am I doing a full rewire on a ground floor flat (trunking city) but a colleague...
Replies
Views
So a few weeks back I get called out to a guy who's RCD won't set. He's just returned from holiday to find this so not much idea from him when the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock