Discuss Kewtechnik WSBR28 Blade Runner in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

L

lost-sole

Anyone tried this piece of plastic rubbish, wasted money buying one, tried it twice of a 2.5mm armoured it failed to cut just score and after 2 attempts the blade was ******. I cant believe Kew Technik are selling this

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone tried this piece of plastic rubbish, wasted money buying one, tried it twice of a 2.5mm armoured it failed to cut just score and after 2 attempts the blade was ******. I cant believe Kew Technik are selling this

How much did you pay for it ?

I have one of these blade runner things. love it! have used it for a year now. Mainly domestic so probably once maybe twice a week it gets used. Have had no problems with it at alll. blade still sharp and ends up with a better finish than i can manage with a hacksaw n stanely knife.

Anonomoose

I have one of these blade runner things. love it! have used it for a year now. Mainly domestic so probably once maybe twice a week it gets used. Have had no problems with it at alll. blade still sharp and ends up with a better finish than i can manage with a hacksaw n stanely knife.

Anonomoose

Same here pal, works perfectly 4 me domestic only tho. Cant imagine it can get round much more than a 10mm armoured to be honest but ideal 4 domestics. gives a perfect ring round the outer sheath.

I can do the outer sheath ring, I can saw the armour OK with Jnr or full size hacksaw, but I find that the I can give a more consistent depth of cut into the armour, that's why I like mine.

I have done 16mm 4 core with mine.

BTW, once the shroud is on the perfect outer sheath ring is not really needed is it!

p.s. I have loads of experience with pipe cutters of this type, DON'T ASK!!

I can do the outer sheath ring, I can saw the armour OK with Jnr or full size hacksaw, but I find that the I can give a more consistent depth of cut into the armour, that's why I like mine.

I have done 16mm 4 core with mine.

BTW, once the shroud is on the perfect outer sheath ring is not really needed is it!

p.s. I have loads of experience with pipe cutters of this type, DON'T ASK!!
A clean finish is desirable to get a good gland application. I have seen some people trying to fit the gland with unequal strand lengths , not good.

mr.stanley and mr Jr hacksaw does the job for me .. simple and the wife still does my sandwich in squares why change ;-)
Your quite right, but a lot of construction companies are bringing in zero accident policies. Mr Stanley has been identified as the No1 cause of injuries ("Mansell M.D").
In the not too distant future you wont be allowed on site with a Stanley knife unless it is vital for the job you are doing and no alternative. H+S regs ask that bosses carry out risk assesments as part of their "duty of care". Look up SFAIRP and ALARP.
Things do change , normally for a reason. You dont see people chasing out walls with bolster chisel and lump hammer anymore? I did when I was a wee boy.:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Kewtechnik WSBR28 Blade Runner in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock