Discuss Key Meter Broken/Faulty ?? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

K

kakio

Hi Folks Recently my Key meter has not been taking credit from the Key but I am still receiving electricity . The little red dial aren't moving/ changing numbers and the orange light on the front doesn't flash .I have contacted my Supplier (EDF Energy) but they don't seem to worried about it . I have had this problem for about 6 Months now and the Key has Around £210 in credit . Has my meter Broken or is it something else ?

Not able to comment on the meter but would guess without a doubt there is an issue with it - what I would say is I would log the contact to the supplier, follow it up in writing - keep on at them that the meter is broken and record every time you contact them. I know it might seem great that the electricity is free at the moment but Energy Suppliers can be nasty and possible try and claim that A) you never told them B) have used more electricity then you really have C) charge you for both the electricity they estimate you've used (which could be loads more than you have) and the repair to the meter

Easy answer is pester them until they fix it and possible put the money you would have placed on the prepay key somewhere safe for the time when you get a bill for the electricity, least that way you'll have some dosh saved up to pay it

Reply to Key Meter Broken/Faulty ?? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock