Discuss Killed another SDS in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

cbw

-
Reaction score
So, another SDS gets demoted to plaster mixing!

What do you guys recommend, I am killing about 1 Makita a year, perhaps time to go Hilti????

Not sure, always had Makitas!

i can just see your line up of drills!!!

SDS BAD BOY
PLASTER MIXER

AND

Angle Delight Mixer for the missus!!

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaah

Most of hers are powered by 1.5 volt batteries!

Shame theres not a cheeky bugger button for Mr DS!

Will have a look at some Bosch bits

Last edited:
Interchangable ears!

Goodnight before I get in trouble again!!!!

Been looking at the Bosch.....Looks good, must get one by Monday, the Mak has really done its last!

Last edited:
my mates got a bosch, the only problem with it is that is destroys everything it touchs. oh theyre powerful just too powerful i think.
my makita recently got returned i and read lots of reviews before i bought a new one and i ended up with this on:
Hitachi DH24DVA 4.1kg SDS Plus Drill - screwflix..com, Where the Trade Buys
it does everything i want it to do, everyone who lends it cant believe how good it actually is.
my local wholesaler is doing the same one at 240+vat :mad:
thing with screwfix is that if its still in under warranty theyll replace it there and then rather than you having to wait around a few days to get a replacement.
each to their own and i suppose it what you are going to use it for.

we do the dh24dva for £199.99 ex vat sold a rake of them and only had good comments about them.

I'd advise the bosch. we've got a couple of the mains and cordless sds drills and they are brilliant. Used nearly every day and we dont really look after them and they just keep going.

Mc allistar- three year unconditional guarantee. mine have outlasted everything else, so it would seem they didnt give them that guarantee lightly. All my old DIY tools in the shed at home, are now down to just the BOSCH,s all the rest fallen by the wayside or broke. So with me at the moment, its a ---- between the McAllistars and Bosch, although I do not possess any Bosch professional tools that I use at work, just Mcallistar.

I've had my Hilti TE-6A for about 6 years now......never had any problems with it whatsoever, not one. Really cant praise it enough. It was a lot more than the others but for no downtime at all it's been worth it.

36v compact cordless bosch hammer - amazing bit of kit, I use it for everything and the hammer action is far better than any of my mains drills - it flies through. Rapid charge in 15 minutes. They're about £100 less than I paid for mine now too

I'm currently on the Sparky 3kg sds out of screwfix, and I havce to say that for 100 quid I'm well impressed it. You can really feel the extra weight on it especially when chiselling.

been very happy with my hitachi. get your drill from a place that has a no quibble return policy and a long guarantee. I bought from screwfix (as someone else suggested). When my 18V drill died they replaced it no problem immediately, just what you need (the dewalt agent siad no way woudl that be possible but screwfix dont hassle just replace).

Reply to Killed another SDS in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock