Discuss Kinetic switches in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Baddegg

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Patron
Reaction score
Doing some work on a 17th century house and need to put some switches in for recessed downlights, can’t get switch drops due to original panelling etc, can anyone recommend some wireless kinetic switches?

No battery required they will do something like 20000 switches before they pack up! I've fitted hundreds over the years, only had to change 1 switch as it had died after 6 years of use! If they do go they can be re-paired with the unit with a push of a button and clicking the switch. Each receiver will do up to 10 switches afaik! And they do a grid module as Gavin said and key fob buttons and so much more!

No battery required they will do something like 20000 switches before they pack up! I've fitted hundreds over the years, only had to change 1 switch as it had died after 6 years of use! If they do go they can be re-paired with the unit with a push of a button and clicking the switch. Each receiver will do up to 10 switches afaik! And they do a grid module as Gavin said and key fob buttons and so much more!
Can also link them to amazon alexa if you get WiFi receivers

Thanks chaps, that’s what I had in mind just wanted to know others had used ?
[automerge]1581449425[/automerge]
Having never used them, what will I need kit wise for 2 switches to work 1 set of downlights from each end of a hallway......is it just 1 reliever and 2 switches? And do they do a dimmer version?

Last edited:
Yes one receiver and two switches, I have not personally used the dimming ones but I believe there was a thread about them and some issues with flicker and led lamps( typically can't find the thread)

Found it, I think!

Quinetic are just the ideal solution where you have old buildings and you don't want to break the plaster. Stick a receiver in, control it from many switches. Dimming is not so easy...there are threads on here, I have contributed to too, but frankly, if you must have dimmable, always get the ok from the manufacturer. However, for multiple switching, no batteries, quinetic have saved the day for me many times.

There is also this make in rexel / denmans now

I am led to believe one company has the patent on kinetic switches, wouldnt at all be surprised if these ener-j ones work with quinetic, just not had chance to try it yet. but its an alternative if you dont have a TLC around your way for the quinetic (tlc do sell via amazon though. the ener-j stuff does like very similar though!!

if you fitted one near an outside wall (inside the house ) ,would it switch outside lights on about 30 metres away ? in other words would it work through a wall

As long as the receiver is in range of the switch, it does not matter where the light is, inside, outside, up a tree it's the receiver/switch distance that matters, the light is hard wired.

Reply to Kinetic switches in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net