Discuss kitchen alteration in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

RichardMoore

I've recently done a kitchen for a company and added to the existing wiring to cooker circuit, sockets extra points and added spotlights all to existing circuits 10mm all in place but the main box has mem hrc fuses but the customer does want to pay for rcbos £45 each fair enough. What cert should I issue in this scenario minor works for each circuit or electrical installation and just alteration on it trick one for me

no RCDs - no new sockets, no cables buried in walls<50mm deep, do not connect . do not pass GO, do not collect £200.

Haha, i like that tel - alot.

MEIWC can be used for up to 3 circuits - so you wouldn't need to use a seperate one for each circuit.

Why would you even think about using a EIC? read the certificate definitions buddy.

But i agree with tel, don't even go there. She either pays up or doesn't have it done, simple.

but will kevin the kitchen take heed. ? as long as everytrhing is shiny and appears to work ( a 2nd to looking good to impress the neighbours ) who cares?

So "I did all this work knowing full well that it would not comply with regs and now I'm expecting you lot to give me a bail out" Nice try son.

but will kevin the kitchen take heed. ? as long as everytrhing is shiny and appears to work ( a 2nd to looking good to impress the neighbours ) who cares?
will he chuff....
he`l get his beer money....straight in arse pocket....
if the client wont accept that install has to meet the current edition of BS7671.....then dont do the work...seeemples...

Alittle bit embarrassed guys sorry need to do abit of revision think ill just take hit on the rcbos and go back to college am a loser. I finished it today but getting paid when I go back so ill just slip the new rcbos in then. Thank for ripping me a new one tho!!!!!

Its Your name on the Cert mate so RCBOs it is otherwise you would have been better to walk away if he didnt want to pay for required improvements.
It will be you in the ???? if out goes wrong use a ELECSA minor works cert when RCBOs fitted as this allows for 3 circuits not sure if others do. It would have been cheaper possibly to Buy a new split load Dual RCD board instead of RCBOs but RCBOs will be better design

Alittle bit embarrassed guys sorry need to do abit of revision think ill just take hit on the rcbos and go back to college am a loser. I finished it today but getting paid when I go back so ill just slip the new rcbos it in then. Thank for ripping me a new one tho!!!!!

Bet thats what you say to all the ladies..

Its Your name on the Cert mate so RCBOs it is otherwise you would have been better to walk away if he didnt want to pay for required improvements.
It will be you in the ???? if out goes wrong use a ELECSA minor works cert when RCBOs fitted as this allows for 3 circuits not sure if others do. It would have been cheaper possibly to Buy a new split load Dual RCD board instead of RCBOs but RCBOs will be better design

Interesting to know in light of the recent NAPIT thread about MW certs. Appears all the Scams are trying to stamp their own marque on certs

Nic are now brining in a new software that allows you to fill in online and can be used by lappy, Iphone or andriod phones so it will alllow you to fill in online and the certs will be stored on line basically think this is so there will be a way of tracing the certificates back to the spark if needed and in the next few months will also be extended to Elecsa at a cost of £1 a cert

Alittle bit embarrassed guys sorry need to do abit of revision think ill just take hit on the rcbos and go back to college am a loser. I finished it today but getting paid when I go back so ill just slip the new rcbos in then. Thank for ripping me a new one tho!!!!!

Thanks for ripping you a new one? We're doing you a favour.

Reply to kitchen alteration in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net