Discuss Kitchen circuits in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

geor1970

I am rewiring a kitchen for a customer who doesnt want fused spurs above appliances (washing machine etc) Ive explained it couldnt be switched off in the event of a fault but they are having none of it . They also want a socket on the inside of a cabinet which also ive explained is bad practice for obvious reasons. Is it still ok to do this if they insist I cant find anything in the regs to say otherwise? Thanks

I am rewiring a kitchen for a customer who doesnt want fused spurs above appliances (washing machine etc) Ive explained it couldnt be switched off in the event of a fault but they are having none of it . They also want a socket on the inside of a cabinet which also ive explained is bad practice for obvious reasons. Is it still ok to do this if they insist I cant find anything in the regs to say otherwise? Thanks
If they dont want them above,can you not put them in a cupboard?seen sockets in cupboards a lot don,t think theres anything in regs about it but I,d prefer accessible isolation.

The key to the answer is accessibility.

So on that basis if you put a single socket behind a built in fridge freezer, or a washing machine, do you, as the desigher, think that the homeowner can isolate the item easily??

Your call but I never put sockets behind such items that can't be isolated without moving items.

The key to the answer is accessibility.

So on that basis if you put a single socket behind a built in fridge freezer, or a washing machine, do you, as the desigher, think that the homeowner can isolate the item easily??

Your call but I never put sockets behind such items that can't be isolated without moving items.
So, thats 2 of us for not doing it the way the client wants then,obviously great minds think alike lol.

ask him if he'll accept a grid switch . say a 4 gang to isolate all appliances from a single point.

Reply to Kitchen circuits in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net