Discuss Kitchen Fan isolator? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hello all

I am currently re wiring a flat which has a damp problem in the kitchen at the rear. I will be installing a 6" extractor fan with a pull cord on it to help reduce the damp. The fan will be supplied from the lighting circuit. I am aware that you need a 3 pole isolator when it comes to bathroom fans (even though I've never read the reg myself). Will I need an isolator for the kitchen fan as well?

Can you not just use a double pole pull cord or does it have an over run needing line and switched line? In fact you could put a 3 pole pull switch in if that was the case but I think they are chunky square things

When I say it will have a pull cord I mean it one which will be attached to the fan. This won't isolate the fan for maintenance/ if there's a fault. I think a Switched fused spur above the countertop would be the best option. That would also remove an ugly pull cord!

by having a non switched or switch f/spur next to the fan for maintenance their will be a fuse for that by taking it out, weather it is near the counter top or not .

Last edited:

Reply to Kitchen Fan isolator? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I’m replacing an old 100mm extractor fan in the kitchen with a new one. The old one was a pull cord fan whereas I bought a timer one (no pull...
Replies
Views
Evening all, Got a vent axia TX6 6” fan I need to replace. A like for like replacement is around £500, client is asking for a cheaper option...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm swapping my extractor fan in the UK and I have bought a Turkish extractor fan stupidly and the connections you can see in the picture...
Replies
Views
Hi Customer has an extractor fan that’s inside the shower cubicle high up on the wall. The extractor fan has no form of isolation and is wired...
Replies
Views
Thinking a 240V AC relay activated by two independent light switches could be used to switch power to a shared inline extractor fan. The fan...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock