Discuss Kitchen under cabinet lighting in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

It makes a difference on the voltage and proximity to any wet areas, strip LED's can be low voltage and run off a transformer as can spot lights, but most spot lights have depth and therefore require a housing of some kind, strip LED can be housed in a Tile Trim and look very neat and unobtrusive: Schluter Liprotec PB Lighting Edge Profile - Anodised Aluminium (Select Length) - https://lilleytileandstone.co.uk/schluter-liprotec-pb-lighting-edge-profile-anodised-aluminium.html
thanks for that, strip led,s seem a better choice then and can be used on 240V ?

The low voltage cable from these Schluter LED's is very unobtrusive and could be run anywhere which gives the option of putting the transformer on top of the unit you are lighting a possibility or even in the ceiling void above the unit, most wall units have a false back to run the cable.

thanks, will check them out, main thought for me if using low voltage lighting would be where to hide transformer !
generally put transformer on top of wall units. after 10years scrape off the coagulated fat to improve cooling.

Reply to Kitchen under cabinet lighting in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have three Aurora Fluorescent linkable (linked) under cabinet 'strip' lights (c.21cm each) under the kitchen cabinets and over the sink area...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm looking at putting some warm white LED strip (3000k) in aluminium profile under some kitchen cabinets, so just looking for...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am restoring an old art deco, wall mount medicine cabinet. The cabinet has an 18” fluorescent light tube on each side. Before I put a lot...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a job where customer has two families one families lives upstairs and one family will live downstairs. As the property is going through...
Replies
Views
Doing some work in a commercial restaurant/kitchen the builders had already boarded and plastered the walls meaning my only viable route is to use...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock