Discuss Kitchen Undermount Lighting in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Just installed LED undermount lights in my kitchen. They’re on a circuit with just one outlet. I wired 7 circuits during the kitchen remodel. The microwave is on its own circuit, but when I use it, the undermount lights dim. What could be the cause of this? The lights are on an “approved” dimmer, according to the manual. Lights and microwave are on separate circuits on a 200A service.

Attachments

• 0B5BCDFE-E343-4D7D-A171-1E84057691F5.jpeg
    71.1 KB · Views: 5
  • B17E9AE9-CDC7-49BE-BF9F-C53F6CDA2F33.jpeg
    83.7 KB · Views: 5
Shouldn’t be happening. How close is the microwave to the lights? There is a powerful magnetic field which should be shielded, if your lights are sensitive and in close proximity that may affect them.

remember guys when responding, this is a usa issue, don't respond unless you understand 230-110v split phase supplies. it could make quite a difference to what is going on here.

Reply to Kitchen Undermount Lighting in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Kitchen led lights have all of a sudden dimmed by about 30% no dimmer in the system. There are 2 switches for this set of lights. Regardless of...
Replies
Views
I was at a customers house changing a socket and they asked me a question about their lights. Some of the lights in the house suddenly get...
Replies
Views
Good morning, I'm in the process of a partial refurbishment which will involve the present kitchen being changed into a bedroom instead and the...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys I've fitted a few emergency lighting circuits to both domestic and commercial installs before, I've come across one I can't get my head...
Replies
Views
I live in a warehouse condo, converted about 20 years ago. The building dates to about 1870 but with the conversion, all of the electrical was...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock