Discuss kiwi moving to england next year, looking for job! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

H

hitman11

hey guys, me and my partner are moving to the uk next year on a ancestory 5 year visa and im looking to be an electrician there. im fully qualified and have my practising license here, but im curious to what tickets I need over there? and we wont be living in London either.....so whats the demand for sparkys like in leeds, Liverpool, Newcastle, Manchester etc thanks!

Aye well, you can certainly pick the places.
You wont be able to understand a word they speak in those you mentioned.

Seriously, loads of work in Aberdeen being advertised recently.

Merry Christmas mate.

Boydy

Aye well, you can certainly pick the places.
You wont be able to understand a word they speak in those you mentioned.

Seriously, loads of work in Aberdeen being advertised recently.

Merry Christmas mate.

Boydy
OYE YOU...

whats up with how we speaks in Leeds like?

to the O/P...

why the hell would you want to come over here?...

and it`l be full of them vularians and romulans as well come next year.....

and it`l be full of them vularians and romulans as well come next year.....

Don't get me started…….too late………..

And they are all going to be electricians or plumbers, and they'll work from 6am to 9pm without a break SEVEN days a week, for a bowl of stewed cabbage. And they won't care about our regulations regarding notification of certain works or the need to be conversant with BS7671 and the requirements for certification on EVERY job.
So competition will be hot.

Are you sure you want to come here?
Can I go over to INZID, please?>

looking for domestic/commercial work. so ive got the 5 week course then I can work as an electrician? sounds good to me. yeah the price of rent is to much in London, so looking elsewhere....Sheffield?

looking for domestic/commercial work. so ive got the 5 week course then I can work as an electrician? sounds good to me. yeah the price of rent is to much in London, so looking elsewhere....Sheffield?
dont you bloody dare!!

and by the way..Sheffield is a pig sty with crap football teams...

whoops, meant to say after ive done the 5 week course then I can work as a sparky? there must be jobs in England besides London. and im not a football fan, real men play rugby ;)

whoops, meant to say after ive done the 5 week course then I can work as a sparky? there must be jobs in England besides London. and im not a football fan, real men play rugby ;)
no...you damn well cant...

well, not in my world anyway...

its 3 years at college

then its the C&G 2382....together with other stuff...such as inspection & testing courses and any other things that you may wish to undertake ...

i hate these fast track chuffin 5 week courses chuffin 17 day courses n stuff ....

i`d have em all banned/shut down i would....your not bloody competant after 5 weeks...then your let loose to carry on in other folk`s properties....

its a con...

?? im abit confused, im a fully qualified electrician here in new Zealand with all my tckets. So when I come to the uk ive got to do a 5 week course and sit the wiring rules exam? then I can work as a sparky?

?? im abit confused, im a fully qualified electrician here in new Zealand with all my tckets. So when I come to the uk ive got to do a 5 week course and sit the wiring rules exam? then I can work as a sparky?
no...you wont have to do one of these 5 week courses.....

you would have to do the C&G 2382...which is currently the 17th edition (1st)....this is a course used to demonstrate your ability to get about BS7671...which is the requirements for electrical installations and is the guidance note we work to in the UK...

its 50 questions..open book....

The 17th edition (our regs)is just a 4 day course, could be well worth ordering a copy of that and the on site guide that accompanies it. The exam is taken online in a exam center and open book so pretty straight forward to pass if you have the knowledge of it.

Also look at doing the 2394 and 2395 the inspection and testing exams too, may be worth either contacting some employers local to where you are looking at living or even ask on here if people will look at your quals to find out what they would employ you as.

ok its sounds like our electrical regulation exam, 3 hour and open book. thanks guys that's all I need to know : )

A lot more than just that, but if you are experienced enough then that should help if you manage to get a job here. All of which can be done once you are here.

The 5 week thing was just a side swipe at some others, a sort of joke amongst ourselves and I dont think relevant to you if you are qualified in your own location.

plus one on Glenns comment above

Reply to kiwi moving to england next year, looking for job! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock