Discuss Knightsbridge pl9w brick light in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

spurs1980

Hi guys and girls
Finally getting round to wiring up the above mentioned lights in my small patio but I am having trouble with the final connection at each light
Each light has a 3 core flex to it which is run back to my shed 3 meters max all visible an all will be protected before I back fill
They came with crap instructions and a diagram on the fitting it's self
I wired one in on its own an it went pop I have 3 left to do I'll post the diagram and a picture of how I wired the first one
Any help would be appreciated

Attachments

• Knightsbridge pl9w brick light image1 - EletriciansForums.net
    image1.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 50
  • Knightsbridge pl9w brick light image - EletriciansForums.net
    image.jpg
    279.1 KB · Views: 43
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi yes tried another one just now same result I have added some pictures to my original post

At a guess you appear to have bypassed the ballast. As said above wire it up according to the picture on top of it

Ok thanks I thought I had wired it like the diagram but obviously not
Any pointers so I can score some brownie points with her indoors

appropriate screen name. dig the spurs in. yeeeehah. brownie points if you wire it correctly.

Your first picture is exactly the same as the diagram on the ballast, look closely at the L and N connections and wire it according to that. (You've got one right so far)

Also you'll struggle to make a decent connection by stuffing a flex into a push terminal.

don't lose any sleep over it. we all have brain farts now and again. last year was doing a CU change. knocked off isolator to CU, bunged in a double socket on the isolator for temp. power. then ripped old CU out with tails still energised. bloody sparks everywhere.

Reply to Knightsbridge pl9w brick light in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock