Discuss Knipex 6 in 1 pliers in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Gavin John Hyde

-
Esteemed
Arms
Patron
Reaction score
Am looking at some new pliers as i am fed up having to carry about 2 or 3 pairs for different things, looking at a 6 in 1 job.
I really like the look of these from Knipex.. Anybody got a pair and are they as good and sexy as they look? looks like a good £40 investment
Knipex 6 in 1 pliers upload_2018-8-2_19-25-43 - EletriciansForums.net

Absolutely recommended. Where do you get them for £40 though? The only possible drawback with them is you can't get in close easily to cut cables, and never never cut steel with them like SWA. Apart from that up a ladder a great boon as they save a few tools on my belt pockets.

I'm a big Knipex fan, but have avoided these for now. They look a bit odd and clunky. I might be tempted for forty nuggets though.

Not a one stop solution, you can’t cut close to openings in accessories and the pliers section isn’t wide enough. I’m faster with my side cutters and pliers and not being able to cut socket screws and steel banding is a pain.

I bought a pair of then still havent used them as yet. They feel proper quality

where are they on sale for £40 ??

With VAT, from a proper business seller, close enough...

Knipex 13 86 200 VDE Pliers Electrical Installation Multi Component Grips 200mm 689828041596 | eBay - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Knipex-13-86-200-VDE-Pliers-Electrical-Installation-Multi-Component-Grips-200mm/381012798834

...but these are the ones that don't lock shut BTW. 13 96 200 are the lock closed ones, which don't stay fully closed, they allow you to still use the stripper, without accidentally going into the shear and snipping the wire off!

Last edited:
I have a set but barely use them. I prefer my CK cropper cutters for cutting and stripping cable, my crimpers for crimping and find that these pliers are used for doubling over cable and little else.

Had mine for a couple of years now. I was terminating lots of 1.5 flex ends with ferrules. I could cut trim strip and crimp with one tool. Probably what really switched me on to Knipex.

lose 1 tool, you lose 6.
I'm not a tool tart at all.... separate pliers, crimper, cutters...

Don't tell me you've got one of those swiss army doo dahs with little scissors, a rather blunt blade and a corkscrew for drinking on the job
and don't forget the marlin spike for undoing the knots in the cables that you put down straight and untwisted.

I bought a pair (non spring loaded ones) after being recommended them on here, they are fantastic and worth the money, they are my go to tool, no good for butchering stuff but stripping, cutting, crimping they are fantastic, as a business owner remember they are 100% tax deductible.

lose 1 tool, you lose 6.
I'm not a tool tart at all.... separate pliers, crimper, cutters...

Don't tell me you've got one of those swiss army doo dahs with little scissors, a rather blunt blade and a corkscrew for drinking on the job

Never lost a tool in my life, I keep an eye on my stuff and so should all tradesmen.

I've had several sets,since release,and they are actually more useful than i thought. You can do a fair bit of reaming and levering,too,just don't forget the tips are smooth. Do get the locking version.

Obviously not a replacement for individually designed,tools,but stands in for at least three,and are extremely well made.

I got a refund from amazon on a parcel that was late. Still got £4 left from the e-voucher so with that they are £40 from amazon. normally £43.90 with prime next day delivery. but out of stock until 11th august!! if you buy from other sellers with stock they are £12 more due to international delivery. the amazon ones are KNIPEX 13 96 200 model. just make sure you buy them sold and dispatched by amazon.
Knipex 6 in 1 pliers upload_2018-8-2_22-3-23 - EletriciansForums.net

Reply to Knipex 6 in 1 pliers in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock