Discuss Knipex same as Draper Expert?? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

J

John Matrix

Hi everyone I’m looking at some new snips at the moment. I’ve always used NWS and have found them to be fantastic. But I’ve seen some Knipex cutters that a friend told me to get. After looking I have noticed Draper Expert Side cutters which look decent. My question is are the Draper Expert range made from the same material as the Knipex range? I’m in two mind weather or not to change from NWS because I’ve always found them to be very sharp and last very well. Also if anyone has the C.K. range I would like to know opinions on those because I’ve seen some with the 3.5mm and 4 mm pin cutters on them.

Thanks guys

Yeah I think Draper have a licence to sell some Knipex stuff. The Knipex branded stuff is generally cheaper to buy I find though.

Hi everyone I’m looking at some new snips at the moment. I’ve always used NWS and have found them to be fantastic. But I’ve seen some Knipex cutters that a friend told me to get. After looking I have noticed Draper Expert Side cutters which look decent. My question is are the Draper Expert range made from the same material as the Knipex range? I’m in two mind weather or not to change from NWS because I’ve always found them to be very sharp and last very well. Also if anyone has the C.K. range I would like to know opinions on those because I’ve seen some with the 3.5mm and 4 mm pin cutters on them.

Thanks guys

I sent an email to Knipex asking more or less the same question regarding Draper tools a while back and they said Draper doesnt make Knipex or have anything to do with the materials they just have the licence to sell them as Andy said.

I have the CK 31009 which has the 3.5mm cutters for faceplate screws, and strippers for 1.5 and 2.5, and bending facilty for those sizes too.
Frankly, they are fine for the price, and while the screw cutter is a useful extra it is not that easy to use, albeit it does the job. They are very compact so easy to slip in a pocket when up a ladder, but their relatively short length means not much leverage, so you need strong hands.

Reply to Knipex same as Draper Expert?? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock