Discuss Kostal Piko - unanswered emails. in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

SolarCity

-
Arms
Reaction score
I had a faulty DC switch on one of these recently. I've had no luck on the technical helpline so I sent them some emails instead.

Two days later and I've still had no reply.

Pathetic service and I thought I'd share this with you. Every day that I don't get this sorted means an extra day with an unhappy customer. Be warned.

The warranty is with the manufacturer so I thought they'd be the best to call. With this kind of issue I want things sorted quickly.

We usually go back to the supplier - that's who our contract is with and so far we haven't been let down, not that we've had to use it much. Might be worth a try...

As posted you should go to point of sale, that is who your contract is with.
It is a shame that the manufacturer has not replied though, but the rep who deals with your supplier would probably get things sorted though.

The specific case that deals with this is that of Donnaghue vs Stevenson (can't guarantee the spelling there!) that established in English case law that your complaint should be taken to the person that supplied you, not the original manufacturer, as that is who your contract is with. It then follows the supply chain back through each company involved.
This is to stop, for example, one of your customers coming to you with a faulty panel and you saying 'hey, not my problem, you'll have to take it up with Zippy Doo Industries, or whoever the original manufacturer was, which would obviously be very unfair.

Reply to Kostal Piko - unanswered emails. in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock