Discuss KTEC's how to install an outside socket part 2 in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Pete999

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Think I may have posted this before, had some trouble sleeping and saw this, a bit of light relief.

where did he buy that screwdriver and drill, poundland?

I couldn't understand the fixing procedure, WTF

Are you being sarcastic mate?
If not then it's just a bit like picture frame brackets, where you put a screw in the wall and slide the bracket over it.
I can see why someone said it was not secured to the wall well.

That was my first impression, but there are what looks like 4 fixing holes in the back box, maybe I missed something.

They looked like the fixings for the brackets with plastic melted over them.

ok so it's not melted plastic but plastic inserts for the bracket fixings.

KTEC's how to install an outside socket part 2 upload_2018-1-12_9-46-46 - EletriciansForums.net

Ignore post as pic shows now.

Last edited:
Are you being sarcastic mate?
If not then it's just a bit like picture frame brackets, where you put a screw in the wall and slide the bracket over it.
I can see why someone said it was not secured to the wall well.
Sarcastic, who me

I think the whole point of the product is that you don't have to undertake any electrical work just fix to wall and plug in.
P.S. yes Pete got day off today long weekend.

ok so it's not melted plastic but plastic inserts for the bracket fixings.

View attachment 40214
those black bits are water seals for round the fixing screws. i never bother with them. prefer a drain hole and silicon round box after fixing.

those black bits are water seals for round the fixing screws. i never bother with them. prefer a drain hole and silicon round box after fixing.

haha I knew what the black bits were for Tel.. I just did a rubbish description of them.
We used to put drain holes in some of our junction boxes that went into very oily environments.

Always put in a drain hole! My neighbour wondered why his RCD was tripping... It was fine once we ditched his outside socket which couldn't have had any more water in it if you dropped it in the bath! It was most satisfying to loosen the screws and watch it pouring out.

The whole point of that product is the DIYer can fit it without taking the actual socket apart but this idiot did just that and must have disconnected it too as he fitted the RCD plug outside. :rolleyes:

The whole point of that product is the DIYer can fit it without taking the actual socket apart but this idiot did just that and must have disconnected it too as he fitted the RCD plug outside. :rolleyes:
Agree, but he would have to have removed the front cover to mark the fixing holes

No because it's a metal keyhole bracket fixed externally on the back Pete, the usual wall fixings have been adapted to fit the bracket on the rear.

Reply to KTEC's how to install an outside socket part 2 in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock