Discuss L+G 3ph Meter Error Codes in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi, L+G ZMD120A53 is displaying FO40000. I have searched the net and contacted L+G who refused to assist.

Been waiting 6 months for supplier to repond.

What does FO40000 indicate?

Help please.

The fault will be an internal issue with the meter, like failed comms or unknown command., there will be nothing you could do about it if you knew what the fault code indicated.
It's most likely the meter would be replaced.

The Meter model number doesn't bring anything up on searching, do you have a photo of it including any numbers on it?

Also are you being billed by the supply for energy use?

Typically meters are owned by a third party company and sometimes installed and maintained by yet another company other than the supplier.
The energy supplier will lease the meter.

Have you complained to OFGEM about the lack of response from your supplier?

Hi
The fault will be an internal issue with the meter, like failed comms or unknown command., there will be nothing you could do about it if you knew what the fault code indicated.
It's most likely the meter would be replaced.

The Meter model number doesn't bring anything up on searching, do you have a photo of it including any numbers on it?

Also are you being billed by the supply for energy use?

Typically meters are owned by a third party company and sometimes installed and maintained by yet another company other than the supplier.
The energy supplier will lease the meter.

Have you complained to OFGEM about the lack of response from your supplier?
Hi Snowhead, our bills have gone up 1200%. The Ombudsman has ruled in my favour regarding EON's handling or lack of it, but now we need to address the meter error. Knowing what the Error code means might help our case. Its dated 2004L+G 3ph Meter Error Codes 1678449295989 - EletriciansForums.net
L+G 3ph Meter Error Codes 1678449326960 - EletriciansForums.net

Last edited:
Found this - (sorry two out of sequence pages pasted below)
Click the thumbnails to read them!

View attachment 106723View attachment 106724View attachment 106725

Looks like that fault would probably tie up with the incorrect readings then.

Does it matter that mine is 120A and this is 120AP?
I don't know! It probably does if you are planning going to a court of law!
The manual is dated 2001. Your meter is 2004. I think it's likely the structure and meaning of fault codes would remain consistent during continuing development of the product over 3 or 4 years. In your position I would assert that the L&G documentation indicates the fault code displayed indicates a failure in the meters measuring system, and see where this gets you!

I don't know! It probably does if you are planning going to a court of law!
The manual is dated 2001. Your meter is 2004. I think it's likely the structure and meaning of fault codes would remain consistent during continuing development of the product over 3 or 4 years. In your position I would assert that the L&G documentation indicates the fault code displayed indicates a failure in the meters measuring system, and see where this gets you!
Will do. Thanks

The ZxD120AP meter doesn't use the first 2 digits of the display for faults, so the DFS fault is wrong,.

The error FF 04 00 00 00 indicates a clock fault from self test, it could mean there is a failure of the internal clock so any timed Tariffs could be wrongly recorded.
However in all the L&G documentation I've seen online they always say if errors are displayed remove the meter and return to a service centre.

L+G 3ph Meter Error Codes ZxD errors.PNG - EletriciansForums.net

The ZxD120AP meter doesn't use the first 2 digits of the display for faults, so the DFS fault is wrong,.

The error FF 04 00 00 00 indicates a clock fault from self test, it could mean there is a failure of the internal clock so any timed Tariffs could be wrongly recorded.
However in all the L&G documentation I've seen online they always say if errors are displayed remove the meter and return to a service centre.

View attachment 106733
Thanks. But my display does not follow that format, there is only 1 F and no space between F an 1st 0. Must be a difference between 120Aser53 and 120AP??? 7 digits not 10.
L+G 3ph Meter Error Codes 1678467677053 - EletriciansForums.net

Last edited:
I did come across the manual showing the larger number of display fields, but didn't consider it was necessarily correct for the ZMD120ASer53 model.

I noticed there is a meter selling on eBay with a similar, but different ('Ser' is 'Ptr') model no here:
interestingly the seller pastes a link to the manual in his listing, the same as the one in my post #4 !

I did come across the manual showing the larger number of display fields, but didn't consider it was necessarily correct for the ZMD120ASer53 model.

I noticed there is a meter selling on eBay with a similar, but different ('Ser' is 'Ptr') model no here:
interestingly the seller pastes a link to the manual in his listing, the same as the one in my post #4 !
Thank you both for all your help.

I have finally got a result from L&G after contacting their CEO, TWICE!

Sent: 13 March 2023 13:17
To: Egan, Simon <[email protected]>; Lieberherr, Werner <[email protected]>;
Subject: RE: ZMD120ASer53 Error code

Dear Andrew,

I have tracked down the error code that you are requesting assistance on.

Details of the error can be seen in the screen shot below.

L+G 3ph Meter Error Codes 1678714382087 - EletriciansForums.net

The error code reflects to a measuring system error, and as such it is recommended that the meter be replaced.

The meter that you make reference to, was made end-of-life a number of years ago, but your energy supplier should have a suitable replacement meter.

You should contact your energy supplier with a request for the meter to be replaced.

Kind regards,

Scott

Scott Flatters | Landis+Gyr UK | Senior Sales Manager |

Reply to L+G 3ph Meter Error Codes in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock