Discuss LABC and NIC First Assessment in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

C

ccrowe

I've got two jobs for my initial assessment lined up. What are your thoughts on me doing the work then self-certifying via NIC once I (assume) I've passed?

Is this seriously frowned upon or is this acceptable practise? I don't want to go to the expense of getting LABC involved if I'll be able to sign it off myself in a couple of weeks.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Hiya mate i dont think this is a problem, i did the same, you have to have work to show the assessor, although i didnt self certify until i passed the assessment but this was just as part p was coming in, see what others have to say about it.
Regards dave

Also dont forget to do your testing & keep copies of test sheets, i think you have 28 days to certify your work after completion so you may be in time after your assessment, good luck
dave

Last edited by a moderator:
you have 30 days to issue a cert,when i did my jobs for nic assesment i payed building control and did it all by the book ,the nic man never mentioned building control and was only interested in the cert i had issued for the job.

Hiya mate i dont think this is a problem, i did the same, you have to have work to show the assessor, although i didnt self certify until i passed the assessment but this was just as part p was coming in, see what others have to say about it.
Regards dave

Also dont forget to do your testing & keep copies of test sheets, i think you have 28 days to certify your work after completion so you may be in time after your assessment, good luck
dave

Just what i did for mine

Mark

i will be looking at registering in the near future.

am i right in saying now that i dont need to do the labc route as part of the process??

i will be looking at registering in the near future.

am i right in saying now that i dont need to do the labc route as part of the process??

I got the date for my accessement whish was about 30 days notice then i did 2 jobs just prior to my accessment and used those jobs ..........passed and notified them

Mark

im confused -dot -com also????, paid my fees to nic friday,now they want details of two jobs ive done,does this mean i can go do two jobs WITHOUT notifying lbc {save me £500 and delay} and just give niccy man details so he can come look over them with me?

i thought to do domestic notifiable work you had to go labc route up until registration is completed with whichever scheme you choose meaning the jobs you use for assessment dont comply :confused::confused:

think i will call my labc and nic tomorrow for some advice before i arrange my visit :p

you get 30days to notify so if the date is 23/09/08 on your test sheet and your accessment is on 25/09/08 and you pass. Notify before 23/10/08

What have you done wrong?

You've invested in a new tester, books, guides, insurance, you,ve had sleepless nights, you,ve swatted up on everything, you know which jobs you'll be taking him to, you are a qualified spark. You will pass!!!!!!!!

Mark

i thought to do domestic notifiable work you had to go labc route up until registration is completed with whichever scheme you choose meaning the jobs you use for assessment dont comply :confused::confused:

think i will call my labc and nic tomorrow for some advice before i arrange my visit :p
labc will be keen as they getting $$$$$$ its the comp scheme peeps we have to satisfy?mmmmmmmm did the nic want details of the two jobs and/ or paperwork regarding labc involvment on those two jobs.....

Thanks for that mark.
What other paperwork did you have to have in place on the day??

they will send you a list of things you require...... and like other sparks have said on other posts......... accessors are here to help you and not catch you out.

Good luck and you'll be fine. If you were a bad spark or a cowboy you wouldnt even consider going down the part p road!

ta man, do appreciate info, nathan.

take marks advice above he is correct, youll pass no prob if youve got everything right, good luck mate dave
ta dave, im old skool 236 agree in legislation but its got harder and more confusing.........or am i getting older,dumber!!! lol.:D

Last edited by a moderator:
dont doubt yourself cudaboy
i am a relative newby having completed 2330, 17th and 2391 in the last couple of years and this part p and registration etc etc is a minefield to me also :confused: :eek: :confused:

dont doubt yourself cudaboy
i am a relative newby having completed 2330, 17th and 2391 in the last couple of years and this part p and registration etc etc is a minefield to me also :confused: :eek: :confused:
tell me about it mate, worked as a mate at 15 , 16,did my 236 1/2 few years later,happy doing domestics,just sat my eal/17th last month purley for legal reasons,was halfway through my 10 day course and quite honestly thought "do i really want to be doing all this sh@@" sad to admit but i really wouldnt reccomend any one into this industry,bring back the old skills centres!real assesment! part p/17th now can be done by distance learning??? jeepers!!!

Reply to LABC and NIC First Assessment in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock