Discuss Label changes in the 17th edition... in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

Rob

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Can someone settle an arguement me and a work pal were having today please?

Its with regards labels/stickers that you put on a consumer unit. I have always placed (after an instal or pir) a next inspection date label, an rcd testing label and if applicable a warning notice if there are two different wiring colours.

My mate who has started his 17th edition update course last week claims it is now a requirement to place a "Danger 230v" warning label on all consumer units.

I did my update course back in the Summer and cant remember any such thing. Where does it end? Should every switch and socket outlet have them too?

Cheers.

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
W

wayne

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
rob,

you are right (so are the butties on him???)

regulation 514.10.1 reads "exceeding 230 volts"

B

beaver74

rob,

you are right (so are the butties on him???)

regulation 514.10.1 reads "exceeding 230 volts"
i read it that only needed if unexpected voltage is with in and i would say that 230v would be expected in a fuse board

P

PAUL M

i read it that only needed if unexpected voltage is with in and i would say that 230v would be expected in a fuse board
its like when poeple put danger 400v on 3 phase boards,why?,you would expect 400v at a 3 phase so i dont see the point.

R

Rob

Thought as much, thanks.

Ive borrowed my 17th regs book out to him for the update course so had no way of checking last night when I got home.

The debate went on today as one of the older sparks claimed back under the 15th edition it was the norm to put 240v stickers on enclosures etc.

I did my update course back in late Spring and was sure id not heard of such a change.

Woo hoo free breakfast roll Monday methinks ! :D

T

tony.towa

The actual reason for putting a 415volt sticker is because there is "simoultaneously accessible equipment with terminals or other fixed live parts, having a nominal voltage between them exceeding 230volts"

"" "" Quote from OSG

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers

Reply to Label changes in the 17th edition... in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
Top Bottom