Discuss Label Machine thoughts in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Jamie'

-
Reaction score
just wondering what are people’s recommendation on labelling machines?

I’ve been looking at the following from screwfix:

https://www.screwflix..com/p/brother-pte110vp-electricians-label-printing-machine/3453x

Aside from that one they jump to £80 and then to £170

A shame as they had this one on offer for £53 last year,

https://www.screwflix..com/p/brothe...5vXrwYWGRFqICLj2MuoaAkGeEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

A shame as they had this one on offer for £53 last year,

https://www.screwflix..com/p/brothe...5vXrwYWGRFqICLj2MuoaAkGeEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
I've got this one and it is a decent printer.

One you can connect to a PC etc, and use manufactures software is a must IMO. There's only so much you can set up from those crappy little screens.

I got the £25 one last month it’s good but it just makes me want the higher spec one with 24 mm labels and print from phone with app
But it will have to do for now if I knew better at time of purchase I would have gone for the better model

I think label machines are starting to be overused and also unsuitable for many environments..
So many times I’ve been to the likes of boiler rooms and been greeted with faded labels and others that have fell off..
Let’s get using traffolyte again

Don't pay £55 for the Brother one you linked to at Screwfix. They regularly have offers on these machines, I bought the bigger & better Brother one for that price when it was on a half-price offer from Screwfix.

Some of the larger labeling machines are quite heavy, but my one isn’t, he’s my brother
that should qualify for funniest post of the month. but as for screwfix, the road is long, with many a winding turn.

Just ordered one now I will have to talk someone into buying my 5 week old E110 with no case no rechargeable battery and only 12mm tape and two line maximum
Guys buy it quick it’s a Monday only deal

(screwfix one not mine )

Looking on e-bay there is a 10% saving code for the PTE550 wifi connected version, so it's under £150.00 if anyone is interested.

And even though their website says the PTE300VP is in stock they do not have any and not expecting a delivery for at least another month. o_O

Well it's arrived and it's a dam great lump of a thing and talk about complicated, need a degree in computer science to use it, and it only WiFi connects to iPads, iPhones etc not to a MacBook, all in all I think I have wasted my money.

Reply to Label Machine thoughts in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock