Discuss Label Machine thoughts in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Anyone know the shrink ratio on these, also is the size on the flat or the dia? Found this on the web: This genuine Brother 5.8mm HSe-211 heat shrink tube tape is designed specifically for permanently marking and identifying cables and wires. With a shrink ratio of 2:1, the HSe-211 black on white tape is recommended for use with cables between 1.7mm and 3.2mm in diameter.

Another useful link: Brother HSe Heat Shrink Tube Product Guide - https://www.ptouchdirect.com/ptouch/brother-hse-heat-shrink-tube-guide.html
[automerge]1585666130[/automerge]
What do you guys use to shrink the tubing inside a DB?
I did use a hot air gun very carefully (one used to strip paint), till it broke of old age.

I did get one of those or something very similar. Couldn't work out how to get the gas in.

Got one of these, if you have the heat right down and careful. Plus you can do a Crème brûlée.

I have one of those as well, but the lack of flame control gives me the shivers, the mini I posted the link too has a fitting that should control the flame/heat a bit better, ah well I have persuaded myself and hit the button, will post if it's any good, but wont if I have wasted my money and made a fool of myself, again. LOL

Ohh Crème brûlée I feel a cook in coming on.

I thought that was where my version was going to end up, but after a bit of perseverance it works quite well, the fact that it's flameless gives a bit of confidence when using it in a confined space, it has enough heat to use the guard and protect everything around it, quite pleased as it was cheap enough.

You don't have to shrink down the heat-shrink tubes, we use the tubes all the time to ferrule wires in substation control panels and never shrink them.

Screwfix are doing the Brother printer half price again: Brother PT-E300VP Hand-Held Label Printer - https://www.screwflix..com/p/brother-pte-300vp-hand-held-label-printing-machine/3279g

Must just be a substation thing then.

Petty much all HV and associated cabling (protection etc) uses the term ferrule to describe the cable marker and since it usually follows BEBS - S12 still, read out from the terminal with circuit function letter followed by phase numbers 10... 30... 50... 70... 90 91..

This would include all metering even at LV (other than direct meters - non-CT driven panels)

To me

Ferrule = cable marker
Crimp (ferrule/ring/straight) = small crimp terminal for wire ends

The equivalent machines are £104 at Screwfix and £99.0 at Toolstation, think you may have the wrong machine in your sights.

Can you provide a link?

The equivalent machines are £104 at Screwfix and £99.0 at Toolstation, think you may have the wrong machine in your sights.

Can you provide a link?

It’s the link above, but it’s an exclusive price to Electricfix trade customers. You need to be logged into a trade account to see the half price offer.

EDIT: I don’t work for them and have no commercial connection to Screwfix or the wider group, but here’s a screenshot of the promo on their homepage.
Label Machine thoughts 20FB7F12-09C0-46FA-9660-2B2AFAB52E96 - EletriciansForums.net

Last edited:

Reply to Label Machine thoughts in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock