Discuss Labelling Meter tails in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

Addis

Hi Newbie here with a question.

I'm due my assessment with Elecsa in about 10 days and my assessment job will be a new consumer unit installation.

I've had to put in new tails meter to consumer unit ( the old ones were wired 6mm twin and earth believe or not!!).

Anyway I have marked the tails with coloured tape, brown/blue as required.

However I have seen plastic ties that are either coloured or marked L or N.

I've tried to track down a supply but can't find them anywhere.

Who's got them??

When i did my test and connect course for what was Eastern Electricity at the time, we were told to not cut back the double insulation so only grey is seen and wrap "5 turns" of the coresponding tape colour around each tail,, black and red then!!
good luck with the assessment

Reply to Labelling Meter tails in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I'm practising EICRs on friendly locations as I'm still in training - technically done my 2391-52 but frankly need loads more practise. I've just...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm getting conflicting stories about this, I wonder if someone could put this to bed once and for all. I'm replacing a consumer unit in the...
Replies
Views
...and why would I want to do that ? Well, I'm faced with a real botch job of a consumer unit. Essentially this is a "new" consumer unit only put...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Waiting for a bashing here, but it's something I haven't had to do until now so looking for advice on the best way to approach this...
Replies
Views
Hi all,been to look at flat today and it requires a new Consumer unit. Its an old porcelain type of fuse holder and shield and some of them are...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock