Discuss Labelling sockets in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
I have been asked to carry out an EICR on an installation that has 1 main board and 2 sub boards. The question I have is, is there any reg that states the sockets should be labelled up with the information of the supply board and circuit number?

Thanks in advance

Chris

you would be marking down the lack of:

no Mixed colours label at dis-board as a 3...if it required one

no Dis-board circuit schedule down as a 3

no test quarterly sticker for RCDs as a 3...if it required one

no date of next inspection sticker down as a 3....although you would be putting one of thise on i`m sure...

There is no reg that says accessories should me marked with circuit ID, but you should expect information relating to the description of the final circuits to be there, either at the DB or a readily available schedule.

labelling the sockets themselves is generally good practice in commercial/industrial installations to facilitate identification of the correct DB and OCPD for maintenance and/or fault finding. not a regulation, though.

Thank you for that. I figured it would just be good practice, but not a reg. I'm sure when I explain this they will just say don't bother, but having seen the lack of coordination between what makes sense and how its actually installed I feel its needed.

Once again thank you

Chris

It will have a date of next inspection, but hasn't got one from the previous inspection. It does however have a mixed colours label on, which surprises me as so many people seem to omit these. The schedule is a bloody joke atm and its not going to be fun determining this!!

Next issue is to define competent as they have a signed letter saying that the building is under the supervision of one, but they are not always there and they cannot possibly see everything that goes on.

Reply to Labelling sockets in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock