Discuss Lamp with 11W 827 luminous tube in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

K

kje

My lamp doesn`t work. I`ve tested the luminous tube and know that works ok. It`s 11W 827. On the wall adapter it says: 230V 50Hz 0.17A (in Norway we have 230V in the wall).

Without the luminous tube I measured 26V inside the lamp. With the luminous tube inside the lamp I measured 4V. Is it something wrong with the wall adapter? How much voltage should it give out?

I have the same luminous tube over my electric cooker in the kitchen, and there I measured 230V.

This is the luminous tube:
S-250.jpg

Have you tried a different appliance in the socket outlet or tried the lamp in a different socket? They are just a couple of quick things to try to confirm if the socket or the lamp is faulty.

Have you tried a different appliance in the socket outlet or tried the lamp in a different socket? They are just a couple of quick things to try to confirm if the socket or the lamp is faulty.

Yes, I`ve tried a different socket. Maybe it`s something wrong with the adapter?

PL lamps run from a standard 230V supply. If the voltage you are getting at the lamp is low then this is generally indicative of a poor connection, as you have tried the lamp in other sockets then this narrows it down to a fault in the adapter or lamp itself.
worth having a look at the cable connections in the adapter and the lamp and see if the screws are tight and the cable in the connection is not damaged and is fully in the terminal. If this does not show anything then there could be a partially snapped wire inside the cable from the adapter to the lamp, if it has been caught in a door or twisted a lot, for example, in which case you would need to replace the cable.

PL lamps run from a standard 230V supply. If the voltage you are getting at the lamp is low then this is generally indicative of a poor connection, as you have tried the lamp in other sockets then this narrows it down to a fault in the adapter or lamp itself.
worth having a look at the cable connections in the adapter and the lamp and see if the screws are tight and the cable in the connection is not damaged and is fully in the terminal. If this does not show anything then there could be a partially snapped wire inside the cable from the adapter to the lamp, if it has been caught in a door or twisted a lot, for example, in which case you would need to replace the cable.

Now I have cut the wire from the adapter and measured it while the adapter was in the wall. I measured 40v. (Almost the dubble of inside the lamp) How much voltage should the lightbulb get?

Reply to Lamp with 11W 827 luminous tube in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net