Discuss Landis + Gyr E470 Type 5424 Error Code in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

DrJive

DIY
Reaction score
Hi

My smart meter stopped communicating last September with the IHD and my supplier Bulb. On the actual meter it permanently shows V38.03 10.02 and on the bottom line b2Y5530 neither the A or B button have any effect. I have been chasing up an engineer visit since last year but apparently there is a large backlog. I currently have no way of monitoring my usage, I assume neither do they.

Anyone know what the error means and the likely fix?

Cheers

Mark

Hi Mark
Similar issue to yourself. Meter is stuck on rate 2 act imp, red light flashes every second, IHD cannot communicate and A/B on the meter do not work. Will report it to my supplier

Your meter just needs small power cycle to work and communicate with your energy provider and home iHD device again. Best way is to speak to your supplier and ask for engineer to do that for you. Other option is to speak to DNO and ask them to do that. My meter got stuck but luckily we had power cut and when electrics returned all was working fine. My meter was off for couple of days and did not register any usage for that period. Hope that will help.

Attachments

• E6091AD9-7959-4006-8F58-2CAD6E9D9037.jpeg
    154.4 KB · Views: 5
Your meter just needs small power cycle to work and communicate with your energy provider and home iHD device again. Best way is to speak to your supplier and ask for engineer to do that for you. Other option is to speak to DNO and ask them to do that. My meter got stuck but luckily we had power cut and when electrics returned all was working fine. My meter was off for couple of days and did not register any usage for that period. Hope that will help.
Interestingly they just swapped my meter out, after making a quick call to check that no readings were being logged (DCC I guess?). No readings had been logged since I went through supplier of last resort, British Gas only charged me the standing charge for that period.

Hi

My smart meter stopped communicating last September with the IHD and my supplier Bulb. On the actual meter it permanently shows V38.03 10.02 and on the bottom line b2Y5530 neither the A or B button have any effect. I have been chasing up an engineer visit since last year but apparently there is a large backlog. I currently have no way of monitoring my usage, I assume neither do they.

Anyone know what the error means and the likely fix?

Cheers

Mark
Hi

I am experiencing the same problem. My supplier is also Bulb. My meter hasn't been communicating for quite some time. I emailed them and they said they 'might' send an engineer. Just wondering if you have had any joy with a resolution? I am worried sick that my bill will be unmanageable when they eventually get it sorted.

Amanda

Hi

I am experiencing the same problem. My supplier is also Bulb. My meter hasn't been communicating for quite some time. I emailed them and they said they 'might' send an engineer. Just wondering if you have had any joy with a resolution? I am worried sick that my bill will be unmanageable when they eventually get it sorted.

Amanda
Use the services there to help you.

Pester Bulb. Say in your communications you are making a formal complaint. Once "quite some time" reaches eight weeks, complain to the Energy Ombudsman. Keep records of all communications.
If you are proactive, it will get sorted, and Bulb cannot charge you more than your previous usage if they don't have readings. In fact you may get compensation (only £75!) if they don't sort it promptly. But you do need to put aside the money you would have been paying, assuming you are still using electricity!

I've been through this process with a (different) delinquent supplier, and although it's laborious, Ombudsman Services did a good job.

Hi

Amanda

Hi Amanda

In my case they came out and replaced the meter itself. I was charged estimated readings based on last years usage which I managed to haggle down slightly. If there is no meter reading on the physical meter display there is no way they can identify usage.

Reply to Landis + Gyr E470 Type 5424 Error Code in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net