Discuss Landis GYR - heating won’t turn on. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Nhardman

DIY
Reaction score
Apologies if this is in the incorrect place

We have moved into a new flat and unfortunately, we can’t seem to work the heating. Would anyone be kind enough to help point us in the right place of how to tune it on - I’ve attached some pictures

Thanks in advance,
Nathan

Attachments

• 2BB526E8-EDA6-4424-899E-9F2A52E44D1C.jpeg
    455.7 KB · Views: 27
  • 09BD84EB-6763-4BD7-B0B5-109F0D5DF1CC.jpeg
    367.3 KB · Views: 28
  • E63D2FD2-603C-4739-9BEC-DFDCB23BC91E.jpeg
    384.2 KB · Views: 28
It looks like the top fuse box is for the off peak heating and is currently turned off.
Is this a flat you have bought or is it rented? What I can see in the first pic rings warning bells!

Thanks for getting back to me - it’s one we are renting currently. Hopefully, not long term.

The landlord is away at the moment - and the it’s getting colder now. Do you I think I should turn that on and try heating overnight.

Sorry for the lack of knowledge.

It looks like the fuses for the top fuse box / C.U are in the bottom of the meter cabinet.

If so then the reason the fuses are out needs to be established before they're put back in.

There should be a valid EICR for the electrical installation. It could make interesting reading.
There should be nothing in that cabinet, other than the DNO service head, the time switch and the meters, and possibly a four pole isolator switch.
Both the fuseboxes should be elsewhere. In a museum, in the case of the top one.
I would be wary of plugging those fuses back in.

Reply to Landis GYR - heating won’t turn on. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I've just moved into a new flat and for the life of me I can't figure out how to get the underfloor heating turned on. The thermostats are the...
Replies
Views
Hey all, I'm looking for some advice to help me troubleshoot my strange issue with my consumer unit/fuse board on which my RCD keeps tripping...
Replies
Views
This is quite lengthy so get comfy... I had a bizarre call out relating to a job I attended about five years ago. The situation was they were...
Replies
Views
Hello there, I’m in the process of mapping out a relatively standard S-plan system for my parents central heating and hot water system. Not sure...
Replies
Views
Hi all. My mum has just moved into a flat and it has an electric central heating boiler and a hot water tank/immersion heater for the hot water...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock