Discuss Landlord Inspection?? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Joe S

-
Reaction score
One of my customers rang me and asked if I could have a look and certify one of his properties. Is this a small PIR or a visual inspection? Can I do it being an NIC EIC Domstic installer and what certificate do I use?

Cheers

Thats a PIR you cannot do it as NICEIC unless you have been assessed by them as competent.

Chris

I am registered with the NIC and have a number. I am only domestic installer at the moment. I also have done my 2391. Just not sure whether or not I can do a PIR on the D.I Certificates I have.

Hi Joe depends what grade you are with the NICEIC you have Domestic Installer, Domestic Installer Test and Inspect and Domestic Installer & PAT Testing if they have assessed you on test and inspect then you can do it on their PIR forms. If you havent you can still do it but on generic forms not NICEIC forms

Hope that helps

Chris

Hi Joe depends what grade you are with the NICEIC you have Domestic Installer, Domestic Installer Test and Inspect and Domestic Installer & PAT Testing if they have assessed you on test and inspect then you can do it on their PIR forms. If you havent you can still do it but on generic forms not NICEIC forms

Hope that helps

Chris

I guess I'm Domestic only then as I never got told what the title was. How do I go about upgrading to the PAT & Inspect and Test status? I am going do a PAT course in the next few weeks and am due my 2nd annual NIC assesment in May.

just buy some periodic certs from your local supplier you only need to be competent to do it joe , but it helps if you really know what your doing, you have your 2391 so get some money made mate.

just buy some periodic certs from your local supplier you only need to be competent to do it joe , but it helps if you really know what your doing, you have your 2391 so get some money made mate.

If thats what it takes then I'll re-read my notes and stuff and go for it as I know whats involved. Whats the going rate for a periodic these days??

Best to contact the NICEIC it will be the same sort of assessment just doing it for PIRs and samples of PAT Testing and of course more money (so whats new). Check and make sure as you are domestic installer status the NICEIC may only assess and allow you to do PIRs on domestic only which is a bit of a waster when you have the 2391

Chris

Reply to Landlord Inspection?? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net