Discuss Landlords Certificate in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

craig1000

Hi all,
have been asked to provide a landlord electrical saftey cert? ;-/
I am correct in saying what is required is a EICR or PIR wouldn't I?

What they will want is a cheap visual inspection that confirms the total safety of their installation!

What they need, and should get, is an EICR, but tell them the price and.....

I agree ^^^^^ my advice is not to do any repairs (if required) before they agree costings no matter how small they are, the word unsatisfactory and unsafe usually makes them see sense

the word unsatisfactory and unsafe usually makes them see sense
all landlords can see is money coming in and money going out. the first has to be through the roof, and the second non-existant.

Hi all,
have been asked to provide a landlord electrical saftey cert? ;-/
I am correct in saying what is required is a EICR or PIR wouldn't I?

You are correct, just do an honest EICR and then it's up to them. Ignore any pressure they try to put on you (which they almost certainly will!)

In other words a .....''landlord electrical safety cert'' isn't worth the paper it's been written on and not recognised by any official body . The only suitable official certificate is an EICR, ...End Of!! lol!!

it is the estate agents who have been shoving these out. telling the landlords you need to get a landlords cert for the gas and electrics. I went to one that had had a so called cert done 12 months before and lets just say whoever filled it in must have been walking around with their eyes shut.

it is the estate agents who have been shoving these out. telling the landlords you need to get a landlords cert for the gas and electrics. I went to one that had had a so called cert done 12 months before and lets just say whoever filled it in must have been walking around with their eyes shut.

And then the estate/letting agents add a markup on your invoice to the landlord

Reply to Landlords Certificate in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net