Discuss Landlords dodgy dis board in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Went to look at a ropey socket and a sticky pullswitch this aft. Went to isolate the supply and found a small cu with no front on and 1 of the breakers hotwired off 1 of the others to feed kitchen sockets! No rcd protection here either so when i asked the tennant about this he said he had rang umpteen times about it but no response from the landlord. As it happened anyway the letting office was only round the corner so we went round to drop off the invoice for the work done but recommended this setup needs sortin. The point is it shouldnt get to this should it.........

No it shouldn't. Some landlords only want the rent. Spending money on the electrical service would mean them having to pay, not something they like doing.
Not all landlords think like this though. Maybe the letting agent may push the landlord to toward improving the system. Good luck with it btw.

Last edited by a moderator:
Had a similar issue with landlord last year, I went round to do minor works so he could get his HMO licence, CCU cover missing at breakers tampered with and fitted upside down, I issued a Notice of Electrical Danger, and stapled it to the minor works certs, the upshot was the council told him that he needed to get it sorted to get is licence, hence new CCU.

I sat in the van while my boss went in to tell em. Said he had quoted a new dis board with enough ways....The saddest thing though was the tennant trying to explain how he didn`t trust leccy or had anything to do with it but it didn`t look right and his kids could reach it etc..........

Reply to Landlords dodgy dis board in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock