Discuss "larger" downlight adaptor plate in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

O

Octopus

Ok, so I've got a client who's happy to pay for the JCC downlights and the JCC adaptor plates - BUT when I checked the existing downlight holes they measure at 155-160mm in diameter!

The JCC's are spec'ed up to 135mm diameter

So my question is are their any similar products that can accomodate a larger diameter???

Thanks

160mm is big for a downlight hole. Maybe get someone in to fill in the old holes and start again with new ones.

I have a customer with large R80 fittings to be replaced, 170mm diameter, thankfully the holes are only about 130mm, there are adaptor plates that will cover these. But one alternative I've suggested is to use LED Panels, these come in round and square format, and quite large, e.g. an 18W round panel is 223mm diameter, a 15W round panel is 185mm diameter.

y7e9ujev.jpg

What about something like that?

10W Integrated LED Downlight 750 Lumens, White - LED Ceiling Lights
these are fantastic beam angle is 120 degrees 10 watt 5 year warrenty cant see the leds they do larger sizes and a very good price too
2 year guarantee from Lightrabbit. See terms and conditions.
Quote from website after searching for details.

“When purchasing LED Spot Lights and LED Bulbs from LED Supplies (UK) Limited, LightRabbit Limited or a subsidiary, you automatically receive a 2 year warranty. This entitles you to an unlimited number of replacements for any failed LED Spot Lights and LED Bulbs for the duration of the warranty and it doesn’t cost you a single penny extra.

You also have the option to extend this warranty to 5 years, just complete our Extended Warranty form within 90 days of your purchase and return it us. If you have any questions regarding the warranty or require any further information, then please contact us on 0800 080 3201.”

2 year guarantee from Lightrabbit. See terms and conditions.
Quote from website after searching for details.

“When purchasing LED Spot Lights and LED Bulbs from LED Supplies (UK) Limited, LightRabbit Limited or a subsidiary, you automatically receive a 2 year warranty. This entitles you to an unlimited number of replacements for any failed LED Spot Lights and LED Bulbs for the duration of the warranty and it doesn’t cost you a single penny extra.

You also have the option to extend this warranty to 5 years, just complete our Extended Warranty form within 90 days of your purchase and return it us. If you have any questions regarding the warranty or require any further information, then please contact us on 0800 080 3201.”

Just curious, have you had a bad experience with LightRabbit, as you've resurrected some old threads relating to that :)

Reply to "larger" downlight adaptor plate in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net