• Welcome to the new forum. We're now hosted on ElectriciansForums.net rather than ElectriciansForums.co.uk - Chat about the forum upgrade by CLICKING HERE

Welcome to our Electrical Forum - We started out providing electrical advice just for the UK - But now we have specific advice for the USA too! - Register for free and share American Electrical Advice.

Discuss Laser Level Tripod... in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

NathanMorgan

Regular EF Member
im after a tripod that is low enough to set the laser level so that the laser will hit sockets at 450mm, any recommendations?

FatAlan

Trainee
Trainee Access
Got my mate to weld square section of steel tube onto a small plate. Stands nicely on floor and good for the level magnet to stick to :D

telectrix

Scouser and Proud of It
Respected Member
3 breeze blocks and a housebrick.

SparkyChick

Making a banana smoothy for my fave gorilla
Staff member
You could always get a telescopic laser level pole that runs from floor to ceiling.

PEG

Respected Member
There are actually some really snazzy articles,associated with the GoPro gear. I think my lad has a small,light,folding tripod for his GoPro,which would double for low level work.

I still use an ancient self-levelling Hilti job,which has done an incredible amount of setting out,for me. No grid,or green carry-on,but very reliable.

At about the height mentioned,i would always use Tel's suggestion,ie summat heavy. In my experience,nothing gets kicked quicker on site,than a low tripod:)

Me pal was on a large crawler crane,putting steelwork up,at the Trafford Centre,and some surveyor set his 8 grand laser rig and tripod,behind his tracks,in the exclusion area...the poor dude had to wait 4 hours before me pal tracked forwards,to reveal what was left...(not much)

SWD

Gender neutral
Electrician's Arms
...Don't pretend you've never used one...as you lie on that heart shaped double bed,on a layer of old-style twenty pound notes...;)
You should be careful what you wish for, law of attraction sometimes can be a bitch........ The gold is fake and stolen as is the teddy bear, some child in Liverpool is missing it terribly.

Screenshot 2019-01-08 at 12.25.59.jpg

telectrix

Scouser and Proud of It
Respected Member
mine came with an invoice.

Electrician Talk

Electrical 2 Go - Electrical Supplier and Electrical Wholesalers
Electrical Insurance
ElectriciansForums.net (formerly known as ElectriciansForums.co.uk) was setup in April 2006 to provide free electrical advice to both professional and DIY electricians. Whether seeking advice for auto electrics, trying to find electrical installation condition reports (EICR) form downloads, or whether you're here just to talk to other electricians; we've been a first-choice website for tens of thousands of sparkies for well over a decade.